9AA TALK 2013-14

BIGROB1970

Greenbrier lost to a very weak East Rob team this past June but with that said Young is very good. Keep referring to last game against Heritage and Greenbrier last year. That was the worst Heritage played all year and officials were awful, but it was one of the very few losses last year. I agree Cheatham is class of league, but Heritage will be right there. Then everyone else. Don't tell me about White House over Nashville Christian during first part of last year. Look at box score NCS did not have half of there starters. Heritage stepping up is not that big a deal in basketball, Petrone has always scheduled games with higher classes.

Outside of Christmas tournaments idk if I would consider 4 games last year against 2 of the worst teams besides WH in a weak district as scheduling up, but heritage does have some athletes and good basketball players, I just will have to see it to believe it that they would move up and be competing for regular season district championship, as I have said before they are a dangerous tournament team with their very good post player , and 3 year starting point guard, and man to man D. And hopefully their transfer from WH plays more on the court than on the football field. And I will be first to congratulate, eat my words, and be on the heritage bandwagon if they in fact are competing for district championship because it has seemed like forever since a White House Blue Devil team was doing so, and I truly hope in long run the heritage WH games will always be for the district championship in all sports now that would be awesome !!

Outside of Christmas tournaments idk if I would consider 4 games last year against 2 of the worst teams besides WH in a weak district as scheduling up, but heritage does have some athletes and good basketball players, I just will have to see it to believe it that they would move up and be competing for regular season district championship, as I have said before they are a dangerous tournament team with their very good post player , and 3 year starting point guard, and man to man D. And hopefully their transfer from WH plays more on the court than on the football field. And I will be first to congratulate, eat my words, and be on the heritage bandwagon if they in fact are competing for district championship because it has seemed like forever since a White House Blue Devil team was doing so, and I truly hope in long run the heritage WH games will always be for the district championship in all sports now that would be awesome !!

They need to add that button like Facebook don't they my friend, speaking of that ( not to be talking football) but not understanding why Sizemore doesn't play D for heritage he was one of the best if not THE best defensive backs in the district last year for WH

Me neither but hey, it's a coaches decision who he plays and where.  His parents are very supportive of the coaching staff and just appreciate him finding a new home.  Following his 4th quarter performance against The Devils last Thursday, perhaps he will be out there a little more.

• 3 weeks later...

its really hard to be able to tell with the season just starting up, but I think that the district will be more evenly matched than anticipated with the exception of Cheatam Co. they are also my favorite for the district. Sycamore as far as I can remember always has a good program but after those two I think it is wide open. WH did upset GB last year in the district tourney by locking up their ! player that they have. GB is too one dementional. Heritage will struggle, especially if one of their key players gets into foul trouble (Sizemore) and they're big guy doesn't produce in every game. WH has a chance to sneak into 4th if they continue to improve and if Lyon's takes over like he is capable of (the kid has been a varsity player for 4 years) and theyre shooters come to play each game.

its really hard to be able to tell with the season just starting up, but I think that the district will be more evenly matched than anticipated with the exception of Cheatam Co. they are also my favorite for the district. Sycamore as far as I can remember always has a good program but after those two I think it is wide open. WH did upset GB last year in the district tourney by locking up their ! player that they have. GB is too one dementional. Heritage will struggle, especially if one of their key players gets into foul trouble (Sizemore) and they're big guy doesn't produce in every game. WH has a chance to sneak into 4th if they continue to improve and if Lyon's takes over like he is capable of (the kid has been a varsity player for 4 years) and theyre shooters come to play each game.

Heritage and Cheatham Co. are definitely the class of the District. They both return key players from last year's squads.  I may be biased but I really like the make up of the Heritage team.  Heritage will roll out the best all-around PG and offensive post in the District.  It will be interesting to see the big guys, Allen, Fogle, and Cunningham battling it out when they play.

Cheatham will not be challenged in 9aa. I think the other six could beat each other on any night, but will be surprised if the Cubs don't run the table in district play. This isn't like football Cleggy(though Cubs did beat Heritage)-Cubs hoops have some serious weapons returning. You will find out soon enough. Can't wait til these two meet!