9AA TALK 2013-14

BIGROB1970

Yeah bdp, we should open up with the likes of gallatin, beech, East Lit., etc. Getting beat by 50 at the beginning of the season is really a great way to start off.  It sure has helped White House the last couple of seasons.  That really gets you prepared for the season.  If you're not ready by now, you're not gonna be.  Heritage got ready this summer at the team camps.  Thats where you start the building blocks of success, not at the beginning of the season.  Having a more manageable beginning of the season will help work out the kinks and perhaps help the players gain confidence in themselves and their teamates prior to getting into the meat of the District schedule.  I posted Heritage's  schedule for the sake of discussion.  Great to hear it from ya'll,  Now post yours...........  c'mon CC and WH since ya'll spoke up. :popcorneater:

PLAYERS are made during the summer, teams are made in the preseason and in games leading up to district play. while im sure Heritage's summer schedule was just as intense as there current regualar season schedule, sadly playing weak teams sets the tone and the competition level for kids at this age. when they get to district play they will get shocked and then start questioning coaching and each other instead of getting beat as a team and learning to over come adversity. the only advantage Heriatge has over WH is the fact that their football players will return a lot sooner than WH's. while im still gonna cheer on the patriots throughout the season, its unrealistic to think that playing weaker competition will improve your competitive edge during the districts. and if you remember, WH played big at the end of the season when IT ACTUALLY matters and earned a region appearance where they lost to the state champion. come cleg

Don't have complete schedule for Cheatham, but they start out with Rossview, Franklin, Kenwood, and East Nashville with West Creek and Lipscomb in December. Also open their Xmas tourney with Livingston Academy. So basically that is 2 aa state tourney teams from last year and some solid aaa teams. A pretty far cry from MH, Aaron Academy, and CA. District games will be the easy portion of Cubs schedule, whereas Heritage's District games will be a big step up in class. All starts a week from Friday for the Cubs!

PLAYERS are made during the summer, teams are made in the preseason and in games leading up to district play. while im sure Heritage's summer schedule was just as intense as there current regualar season schedule, sadly playing weak teams sets the tone and the competition level for kids at this age. when they get to district play they will get shocked and then start questioning coaching and each other instead of getting beat as a team and learning to over come adversity. the only advantage Heriatge has over WH is the fact that their football players will return a lot sooner than WH's. while im still gonna cheer on the patriots throughout the season, its unrealistic to think that playing weaker competition will improve your competitive edge during the districts. and if you remember, WH played big at the end of the season when IT ACTUALLY matters and earned a region appearance where they lost to the state champion. come cleg

It's okay I guess if you call coming up big the one win against Greenbrier in the Dist. tourny followed by the crushing at CPA at the Regionals.  Heritage was both District and Region champions.  IMO, class differences are less of an issue in basketball as it is in football.  I will cheer on my Blue Devil friends as well.  That being said, the BDP footballers will make their annual transition to b-ball somewhere around the State quarterfinals as usual.  BTW, I know where WH played their summer team camps at and where Heritage did (MTSU) and trust me, the teams Heritage played were a far cry greater challenge than any gallatin playday.  December 3 is not that far off...........

It's okay I guess if you call coming up big the one win against Greenbrier in the Dist. tourny followed by the crushing at CPA at the Regionals.  Heritage was both District and Region champions.  IMO, class differences are less of an issue in basketball as it is in football.  I will cheer on my Blue Devil friends as well.  That being said, the BDP footballers will make their annual transition to b-ball somewhere around the State quarterfinals as usual.  BTW, I know where WH played their summer team camps at and where Heritage did (MTSU) and trust me, the teams Heritage played were a far cry greater challenge than any gallatin playday.  December 3 is not that far off...........

valid points indeed, but coming from personal experience the speed of the game will take heritage time to adjust too. and not to take anything away from heritages great season last year. that was LAST year. chemistry is different, speed is different. like ive said earlier anyone has the potential to beat in anyone in this district. if heritage can take care of the little things like conscious rebounding and taking care of the ball they will certainly make waves in the district. my biggest concern for them is depth, who is going to step up if Bailey or Sizemore get hurt and or in foul trouble? 70% percent of games are won by bench production and I just don't see that being something heritage has a lot of, especially with them being so young. best of luck to them will definitely be in attendance for some of their early games and looking forward to December :) best wisshes

GHS SCHEDULE (ALL GAMES AT 7):

NOV 14 VS STRATFORD

NOV 19 VS EAST ROBERTSON

NOV 21 VS LEAD ACADEMY

NOV 22 VS SPRINGFIELD

NOV 26 AT PORTLAND

DEC 2 VS MONTGOMERY CENTRAL

DEC 3 AT EAST ROBERTSON

DEC 6 VS HARPETH

DEC 10 AT WHITE HOUSE

DEC 12 AT WESTMORELAND

DEC 17 VS PORTLAND

DEC 20 AT SPRINGFIELD

JAN 4 AT CLARKSVILLE ACADEMY

JAN 7 VS WH HERITAGE

JAN 10 AT CHEATHAM CO

JAN 14 VS SYCAMORE

JAN 16 AT STRATFORD

JAN 17 VS CLARKSVILLE ACADEMY

JAN 21 AT HARPETH

JAN 24 VS WHITE HOUSE

JAN 27 AT MONTGOMERY CENTRAL

JAN 28 VS WESTMORELAND

JAN 21 AT WH HERITAGE

FEB 4 VS CHEATHAM CO

FEB 7 AT SYCAMORE

GHS SCHEDULE (ALL GAMES AT 7):

NOV 14 VS STRATFORD

NOV 19 VS EAST ROBERTSON

NOV 21 VS LEAD ACADEMY

NOV 22 VS SPRINGFIELD

NOV 26 AT PORTLAND

DEC 2 VS MONTGOMERY CENTRAL

DEC 3 AT EAST ROBERTSON

DEC 6 VS HARPETH

DEC 10 AT WHITE HOUSE

DEC 12 AT WESTMORELAND

DEC 17 VS PORTLAND

DEC 20 AT SPRINGFIELD

JAN 4 AT CLARKSVILLE ACADEMY

JAN 7 VS WH HERITAGE

JAN 10 AT CHEATHAM CO

JAN 14 VS SYCAMORE

JAN 16 AT STRATFORD

JAN 17 VS CLARKSVILLE ACADEMY

JAN 21 AT HARPETH

JAN 24 VS WHITE HOUSE

JAN 27 AT MONTGOMERY CENTRAL

JAN 28 VS WESTMORELAND

JAN 21 AT WH HERITAGE

FEB 4 VS CHEATHAM CO

FEB 7 AT SYCAMORE

Nick Young vs. Marquece Bell will be a scoring battle!  This one is worth the price of admission.

valid points indeed, but coming from personal experience the speed of the game will take heritage time to adjust too. and not to take anything away from heritages great season last year. that was LAST year. chemistry is different, speed is different. like ive said earlier anyone has the potential to beat in anyone in this district. if heritage can take care of the little things like conscious rebounding and taking care of the ball they will certainly make waves in the district. my biggest concern for them is depth, who is going to step up if Bailey or Sizemore get hurt and or in foul trouble? 70% percent of games are won by bench production and I just don't see that being something heritage has a lot of, especially with them being so young. best of luck to them will definitely be in attendance for some of their early games and looking forward to December :) best wisshes

I watched Heritage's scrimmage with MBA last night and I must say this could be the deepest team that Petrone has ever had at Heritage.  He can easily go 8-9 deep if he wants or needs to.  The football players of course looked a little rusty but they will be ready for Clarksville Academy this Thursday.  Wish we had another week of practice.  I don't understand why T$$AA doesn't have basketball start in December or at least Thanksgiving weekend when most football teams are finished.  I read a nice pre-season preview of teams from the White House area in last week's edition of the "Connection" newsletter.  Let the fun begin!

I watched Heritage's scrimmage with MBA last night and I must say this could be the deepest team that Petrone has ever had at Heritage.  He can easily go 8-9 deep if he wants or needs to.  The football players of course looked a little rusty but they will be ready for Clarksville Academy this Thursday.  Wish we had another week of practice.  I don't understand why T$$AA doesn't have basketball start in December or at least Thanksgiving weekend when most football teams are finished.  I read a nice pre-season preview of teams from the White House area in last week's edition of the "Connection" newsletter.  Let the fun begin!

did they win?