9AA TALK 2013-14

BIGROB1970

Congrats to the Cubs for an unbelievable regular season! This is a great accomplishment that will never be forgotten. Now everybody is 0-0 again and it is all about who can elevate their game and handle the pressure of elimination games. Cubs need to go 2-0 this weekend and set themselves up for region in ideal position. Cleggy-nachos and a coke from concessions will suffice. Looking forward to a good atmosphere at Vol St this weekend. Go Cubs!

Another new screenname howdoitknow? lol!

Lebanon Blue Devil?

The last boy's team out of the old 11AA to make it to state was Waverly back in 88 I think.  This team has a shot.  Has to hold up against East Lit and/or this years Waverly team and avoid CPA at all costs.  Good luck Cubs.

The undefeated monkey is a tough one for basketball and baseball teams because they play so many games and every team they play down the stretch gears up for them and wants to be the one that knocks them out of the undefeated ranks.

Actually, the Waverly team from 1997/98 coached by Mike Craig went to state, upset the odds on favorite (Austin East) by 20 in the first round and then got beat in semi finals by the eventual champion, Memphis Kingsbury. We started a line up of 5'9, 5'9, 5'10, 5'11 and 6'2. Beat Harpeth in a classic 4 OT region game (maybe the best game I've ever seen) and Portland on a shot at the buzzer in the substate.

Hey ksgovols, how good is this year's Cheatham County team compared to last years? Looks like them and Waverly could possibly meet up in a sectional game. They had two good games against each other last year.   

Congrats Cheatham. The easy win over White House last night to complete the undefeated season was almost anticlimatic, I believe they knew it was over before the game even started. I was there.  At games end there were no students flowing onto the floor in excitement, the players were not overly excited either. Maybe just buisness as usual and waiting for the real excitement of winning district, region, and possibly state. ok i get it. But it was a great season for them. Wonder if they will be able to keep up the winning ways after these Seniors leave? eh :popcorneater:

I haven't seen them play, but my opinion is that this district is more balanced 2-6 than 11AA has been in recent years.  Harpeth lost by 11 to Waverly and by 8 and 10+ against Cheatham.  I've heard long time Harpeth fans say it's the best team they've seen out of Cheatham County ever including Harpeth and Sycamore in that discussion.  'Ever' is a matter of perspective.  It's 10 years to some and 50 years to others. TIFWIW

I don't know.  It all depends on how big the dog around the corner is.  Some of the best Harpeth teams had to play Wayne Chism and Co from Bolivar or the Liberty Tech juggernaut in Region 5. Then they swapped over to Region 6 in time to play those Giles County teams with Tyler Smith.  I thought Harpeth and Sycamore had teams that could go to state in those years, but they couldn't get out of regions against the teams that were winning state or going pretty deep.  CPA is going to end someone's dream.

When I typed 88 I thought it might be 98!  Sorry.  :mrgreen:   I knew Waverly was the only team from the old district to go to state in forever.

Edited by ksgovols