Battle for the Milk Can!

WGHS93

It started 40 years ago between West Greene and South Greene. The coach at West Greene wanted something each team could win from year to year. So the school Sec said I got a milk can in the barn how bout that, so they painted blue on one side and maroon on the other! SG coach agreed. These 2 teams take lots of pride in this game! It's one of the best High School rivalries in the State of Tenn

It started 40 years ago between West Greene and South Greene. The coach at West Greene wanted something each team could win from year to year. So the school Sec said I got a milk can in the barn how bout that, so they painted blue on one side and maroon on the other! SG coach agreed. These 2 teams take lots of pride in this game! It's one of the best High School rivalries in the State of Tenn

That's a cool tale and one I had not heard before. I hope the tradition keeps going.

Oh the Milk Can ha ha

South Greene by 1

What does South Greene have that will give them the advantage?  I am not around high school football as much as in past years so I am not as well informed as I have been.  I do know that West Greene's O-line is very small judging from the one game I have seen this year so that could be an advantage.  However, South Greene has been quite small in the trenches in recent years as well, so who knows.