South @ Boone tomorrow .... bring it on!

blazer1set

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My second time seeing this group. Very talented team. Lots of speed...not something South is known for. Some of the skill are only Juniors...so theoretically their best is still to be seen. If I were to give advise to the staff I would resurect the "Bunch Set" and play both sides of the hash mark with it. The bunch set has many facets that have not been seen in quite some time. A good trump card IMO. The other trump that I see is the deep ball. It should be used to open the running lanes. 'Betsy will no doubt key on the running game so the air attack is essential to success in that game. Of course they must play them one at a time.

Regardless of how many calls were actually legitimate, it still would have been excessive. It's one game and I'm sure that won't happen again. 158 yards? Two td's called back? It should only serve to create a resolve to break another barrier.

Nice show Rebels...too bad only Johnson County has good concession grub. Rebel Nation

My second time seeing this group. Very talented team. Lots of speed...not something South is known for. Some of the skill are only Juniors...so theoretically their best is still to be seen. If I were to give advise to the staff I would resurect the "Bunch Set" and play both sides of the hash mark with it. The bunch set has many facets that have not been seen in quite some time. A good trump card IMO. The other trump that I see is the deep ball. It should be used to open the running lanes. 'Betsy will no doubt key on the running game so the air attack is essential to success in that game. Of course they must play them one at a time.

Regardless of how many calls were actually legitimate, it still would have been excessive. It's one game and I'm sure that won't happen again. 158 yards? Two td's called back? It should only serve to create a resolve to break another barrier.

Nice show Rebels...too bad only Johnson County has good concession grub. Rebel Nation

Interesting commentary as usual Comp.

1) This team is very talented but continues to show a personality of poor discipline. They were penalized for over 100 yds. in the Cherokee game as you may recall. This trend will cripple them if it pops up against Betsy.

2) The bunch set was really effective when you had a big TE/WR who could block like a Ty or J.C. Garvin. I don't see anyone on this roster who can set an edge like that. Also Christian and Weiger are lethal as twin threats in the same backfield much as Curt/Bradley and Taylor were or St. Clair/Haden and Bobby Taylor were. Last years use of the bunch was a desperation change of pace IMO.

Crawdad, you are correct in that the Garvin brothers are not a spray painted mock pastry found in the Wal Mart bakery. And I guess if one does not exist on the inventory then it most likely would be a bit late to father one. However, the offense...as I saw it, is lacking something. And that something will send them home early if a contingency plan is not present.