Science Hill @ TN High 10/04

THSVikings2004

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering what happened to SH last week. Now see that QB was injured. Hope for speedy recovery.Was looking for DB and SH show down with everybody healthy.

When teams around here go South,they play some really good teams with a little more talent.It will always be that way.

Uh, is this a reference to Sullivan South (5-0 and currently ranked #4 in the state)?

Uh, is this a reference to Sullivan South (5-0 and currently ranked #4 in the state)?

I believe he was referring to the geographical south...as in southwest of here....as in Knoxville and beyond.  

In any case, hope Malik is alright, as well as all of the other SH players that got hurt last week.  

Article in the JC Press today on SH injuries going into the game vs TN High this week. Coach Carter said QB Malik McGue is questionable. He said McGue is moving around okay but they need him for the long haul and aren't going to try and rush him back this week. Good call. It's just one game and they definitely need him if they have any hopes of post season play. Sounds like if McGue doesn't play Friday(and I doubt he will), the QB duties will be split between Senior Tucker McPherson and Sophomore Justin Bedard. Bedard actually looked somewhat impressive when he came in against BA the other night. He had a couple of nice throws and seemed to be a little more elusive than McPherson. Carter also said WR Isaac Story is questionable. He's apparently suffering from an ankle injury much like McGue. WR/CB Mikey White, who was injured in pregame warmups last week, had surgery Saturday to repair a tendon in his hand. He will not play Friday but they do expect him back in the next week or two. C Cory Johnson and RB Chance Pierce are expected to play Friday.

Edited by AlumnI01

Will the vikes be able to stop science hills run game if they just pounded it without McGue with pierce and nagba?

From what I read that's all the cyclones did not a single pass yard

I honestly don't know. The Cyclones starting RB is better than Pierce and Nagba, in my opinion. Although I do believe the combination of Pierce, Nagba, Addison Adams and Tre Sutton could really wear down that Viking defense. Pierce and Adams are the bruisers. Sutton and Nagba are the quick-hitting, speed backs. The Toppers will potentially be without two of their top wideouts on Friday. Mikey White is definitely not playing and it sounds like Isaac Story may be out as well. However, the SH QB(whoever it is)will still have some passing threats in Malik Stephens(probably the Toppers biggest threat at WR), Tucker McPherson(when he's not in at QB), Aaron Adams, Elijah Mathes and Karson King. Even if McGue does play I don't see him running all over the field like he typically does.

Edited by AlumnI01

w/McGue SH 38 to THS 28

wo/McGue SH 21 to THS 28

The Science Hill D is very undisciplined and borderline lazy at times, and they neglect their assignments to chase the play.That will hurt them against the Vikings (if our QB takes his schizophrenia meds before the game  :huh: ). The Vikings lack the athleticism/speed in the secondary to deal with the Science Hill backs and receivers in the open field, so they will have a hard time keeping up all night and will have to make sure they at least keep the play in front of them at all times or it will get ugly. Without Mcgue the Vikings have one less athlete to worry about but the Hill will have to go through the process of finding another horse to ride. DB found theirs quickly last year when their team leader went down and IMO enhanced their offensive attack. But I don't see Stacy being as creative and "out of the box" as Graham. Should be a shoot out. At least.... that's what I'm hoping for.  :popcorneater:

w/McGue SH 38 to THS 28

wo/McGue SH 21 to THS 28

How do you see this one with a 50% Mcgue?    Carter said he may play but be limited, meaning maybe he won't zigzag all over the field but he could still hand off, throw, basically run the offense, just not run himself.    If we do 38 + 21 / 2 =  SH 29    TH 28