Greenbrier comes to the rock pile for championship game 1 vs Motown

Mr. Postman1

Westy picked over Greenbrier

We decided to stay home instead of playing this game.  Playing a game on concrete, while getting yelled out by drunk fans, and getting our hands stomped on by players just doesn't sound appealing to us.  :mrgreen:

True story though.  During scrimmage this week, we actually had the practice squad get as "unsportsmanlike" as possible to simulate our game for this Friday.  Sad but true.

Lol

I bet Greenbrier will rest several of their starters this week so they don't take a chance at twisting an ankle on that ruff field up here. People used to say it looked like the top of a biscuit with all the pot holes.

Im pretty sure that was the whole town and not just the field on the biscuit deal.

Edited by mofojoe

Why don't they fix the field in the off season.

It's called home field advantage. The reason it's called the rock pile was in 1977, Portland cameto scrimmage Westmoreland up here. Before the game the Portland players walked the field throwing all the rocks they could find off the field. When the Eagles team that would later be referred to as the "wild Bunch" by the Tennesean newspaper, saw this. They immediately started throwing the rocks back onto the field so when they tackled a Portland runner they could make the hit more painful with rocks on the field. That team later was recognized as the number 1 defense in the state by many.

Cleets get better traction when a percentage of gravel is mixed in the Sod.  When re-doing the field We had a 5:1 ratio formula we used.  5 loads of Topsoil to 1 load of Creek Gravel.  The gravel also keeps the field from erosion.  The hump in the Center of the field drains very well.

Change of plans.  The Bobcats are heading to the gravel pit.  Basically, the principal said the "the bus is already paid for and your going".  Thinking I would get the team fired up, I showed most of the team the video of the Westmoreland player double stomping our starting tailbacks hand(multiple fractures) a couple of years ago, but many started to cry and some wet themselves.  I think a few of them actually quit the team.   

Any five star surf and dive eateries in Westy? 

Has any bleachers been added or should I bring a chair? 

Change of plans.  The Bobcats are heading to the gravel pit.  Basically, the principal said the "the bus is already paid for and your going".  Thinking I would get the team fired up, I showed most of the team the video of the Westmoreland player double stomping our starting tailbacks hand(multiple fractures) a couple of years ago, but many started to cry and some wet themselves.  I think a few of them actually quit the team.   

If you bring more than 50...bring that chair.

I was also at the Game Friday night.  From what I saw, this game won't be close.  Westmoreland's got a fair team if playing in 1 or 2A but this Greenbrier Squad looked like a Top 5 ranked 6A Team.  I was so impressed.  I just hope our kids won't get down from this game.  From I what I see this is a  total mismatch.  Greenbrier 35 - 7. 

Trying to give Westmoreland locker room bulletin board material?

Guest Termite

Change of plans. The Bobcats are heading to the gravel pit. Basically, the principal said the "the bus is already paid for and your going". Thinking I would get the team fired up, I showed most of the team the video of the Westmoreland player double stomping our starting tailbacks hand(multiple fractures) a couple of years ago, but many started to cry and some wet themselves. I think a few of them actually quit the team.

Sonic and a chair.....unless you want to set on a 2x6 between 2 cinder blocks.

Edited by Termite