HVA @ Farragut

Utkfan00

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey adalum96...you want to come on here and hide behind your nameless moniker and single a kid out.  The QB who you blame for all of Farragut's woes is my kid and I'll defend him against anyone who wants to get on a public forum and single a 17 year old kid out.  The first five games he made terrible plays?  Evidently you missed the run he had at DB to get Farragut in the game to start with and the 60 yard drive in less than 34 seconds to get us in field goal range.  Maybe you missed the TD throws and runs against OR and LC to help his TEAM win those games.  I didn't call any kid out when saying our secondary needed work...you did.  A lot of our secondary problems are the way they are coached to cover.  I played db through high school and collegiately, my older son played db at the college level and I've been a defensive coordinator in California so I think I'm qualified to make that statement (just to clarify that it's not coming from one of the "message board experts" you refer to in your post)  There are five positions in our secondary.  We know the family of the kid you publicly named on this forum and my wife is a good friend of his mother.  This is a TEAM sport...it doesn't center around the QB or anyone else. It takes 11 players on a field playing as a team to win games.  My son has had some games this year where some of his decisions have not been up to his potential.  He recognized it and has worked hard at improving every day.  He's a 17 year old kid...he's allowed to have games where he may not play up to his potential.   The college QB's and pro's don't ever have an off day do they?  We can't continue putting 35 points on teams and barely winning games like we did the other night.  It's clearly evident that your post was directed at me regarding my post about the HV game and you decided to single my kid out and criticize and cut him down in your rant above.  If you noticed in one of my previous posts I stated that he had two off games and that everyone, including the QB needed to step up at the HV game.   I don't hide behind monikers...my name is posted.  Come talk to me anytime...I'm easy to find.

This is Hilarious , typical Farragut fan stuff too , daddy of QB thinks it's ok to point finger at his son's teammates , but no one better dare talk about his boy !! lol , You totally threw the DB'S under the bus there big guy ... So those 2 defensive backs that are your sons teammates probably Loved having you talk about them ... oh I just noticed you edited your post , but ya you were pretty much calling out the DB's and the coaches 

When you have playmakers like #4 the TE that is a legit D1 prospect, a QB who can kill you not only with his arm but his legs, and a sophomore running back that is lights out and you don't utilize but one piece of that puzzle all night....STUPID! " 

Calling your son's coaches Stupid on a public message board ... oh ya that's gonna help a lot ! 

Btw , since you said this year's Farragut team would put a Running clock on last years , I look forward to seeing you guys here in a few weeks , since you guys scored 41 I think it was last year , I'm sure Starz will have you guys at least a 76 point favorite ... Thanks for the quality entertainment there Farragut dad , you guys are always good for a chuckle or two .  :mrgreen: 

Edited by pepvol

"Hide Behind a nameless moniker" I don't see your name on here, "pineislandkid". I never blamed him for all of Farragut's troubles. In fact, you are the one pointing fingers to other(aka secondary)positions for Farragut's woes. All I said is that this offense is QB driven and will only be as good as he is. Blaming the coaches for "not opening opening the play book" is absurd. From what I have seen this year, I am sure a little bit of confidence was lost in the QB after his poor play. He seems to always look for the home run, as opposed checking it down. There have been several occasions when they are running the smash passing concept and he missed the read every time trying to hit the home run ball. Sure, everyone has an off day or two, but blaming the play caller for not calling for sons number when he has struggled, is crazy. Sorry to get you bent out of shape, but this is a message board and not always the best place for parents interact. I know I am a new guy on here, but come on.

Just to be clear, I think your son is a good HS QB. I think he needs to get back to what he did last year to lead the league in passing. I hope for his sake and this teams sake he will continue to play and build off of his performance this past Friday night.

Edited by adalum96

This will be my last post on this website. I want to make it clear that on some of my previous posts I said my son had not played up to his potential. But to have someone say that he had "five horrible games" was a little hard to swallow. I never said his coaches were "stupid". As it has been for years and will continue to be there will always be parents in the stands questioning play calling. I want this team to live up to their potential and play to their highest ability. I'm proud that my son plays for Farragut High School and especially that he plays for the coaches he plays for. I've personally never been around a coach like Eddie Courtney who gives so much back to that program and sincerely cares about each one of those boys. My son has a ton of respect for our offensive coordinator as do I and I've never had a coach like him who texted me one day when Bryan was home sick to see if he was okay. Again, cares about the kids. With Coach Doucette back this year these boys worked so hard in the off and pre-season to be the best team they could be. He teaches them not only football but how to be good young men off the field. Our defense looks so much better with the new D coordinator. It is my hope that the boys can all continue playing as a team, elevate their play, and finish out the season strong and hopefully make the playoffs. It was never my intention to offend anyone....that's why I hate message boards and email. People read into it what they want and then all it takes is a couple of crap disturbers to fan the flames. I wish all the teams in our district a great rest of their season. Go Ads!!

This will be my last post on this website. I want to make it clear that on some of my previous posts I said my son had not played up to his potential. But to have someone say that he had "five horrible games" was a little hard to swallow. I never said his coaches were "stupid". As it has been for years and will continue to be there will always be parents in the stands questioning play calling. I want this team to live up to their potential and play to their highest ability. I'm proud that my son plays for Farragut High School and especially that he plays for the coaches he plays for. I've personally never been around a coach like Eddie Courtney who gives so much back to that program and sincerely cares about each one of those boys. My son has a ton of respect for our offensive coordinator as do I and I've never had a coach like him who texted me one day when Bryan was home sick to see if he was okay. Again, cares about the kids. With Coach Doucette back this year these boys worked so hard in the off and pre-season to be the best team they could be. He teaches them not only football but how to be good young men off the field. Our defense looks so much better with the new D coordinator. It is my hope that the boys can all continue playing as a team, elevate their play, and finish out the season strong and hopefully make the playoffs. It was never my intention to offend anyone....that's why I hate message boards and email. People read into it what they want and then all it takes is a couple of crap disturbers to fan the flames. I wish all the teams in our district a great rest of their season. Go Ads!!

Could not have put it better. Eddie was the D-Coordinator when I played at Farragut and he has done a great job. Really enjoy watching the Ads play. I hope your son has a fantastic rest of the season because he can carry this offense if he does. Go Ads!