Liberty @ Covington

CHARGERFAN

Here is the big game for the week in 15 AA. Both teams are undefeated in the district. The winner will have a good shot to win the district title.

Covington had problems stopping both Brighton and Dyer County. Their spread attacks gave us a lot of trouble. Remind me - what offense is Liberty running?

Good luck to both teams.

Liberty's spread attack is more run oriented than Dyer co. and Brighton if I'm not mistakened. Should be interesting to see how Liberty's defense will fare against the wing t of Covington. Their defense has been outstanding against Haywood and JCM. Covington has the slight advantage since they are playing at home, but I know the Crusaders will be looking for revenge after what happened last season during the semi-finals! Hopefully my Tech Crusaders will get a huge W this week!

i personally think that liberty will throw the ball more this week because of the chargers struggles against passing spread teams...our qb has been playing really well the last few weeks even last week in the rain he was drillin guys 30 and 40 yards down field...but obviously its not our bread and butter

our oline has held up well since we got guys back  after the henry co game...we pass block pretty well...they still struggle opening up holes from time to time for the run game because...i just think theyre lazy

and our D gave up the 1 TD to haywood after our qb fumbled the ball on our 6 or 7 yard line at the beginning of that game...they havent had any issues against teams our size since

all that being said...covington is a good bit better than anyone weve faced so far in 3a and 4a ball...see u boys friday...

Edited by dhstennis

The new Sonny Moore rankings are out. Liberty is at 121 and Covington at 120. By the time you put in 3 points for home field advantage, Covington is slightly favored.

But, my guess is that the team that can stop the opponent's offense will be the winner. Can Covington stop the spread? Can Liberty stop the wing-t? I believe that the dominant defense will win this game.

Kickoff is just over 24 hours away. Liberty fans - be aware that regular-season games at Covington kick off at 7:30 PM.

Final score Covington 21 Liberty 13.

This one was decided by the defense, in my opinion. it was 7-7 at the half, after Covington had lost 3 fumbles and an interception.

Liberty scored first after the half, then missed the XP, to lead 13-7. Covington then scored and added the XP to go up 14-13.

The Chargers shut out Liberty the rest of the way, adding a TD in the 4th to make it 21-13.

If Covington had not had 5 turnovers, then this would not have been close. But, you can also say that Liberty forced those turnovers, too. Hard fought game to put Covington in the drivers seat for District champ.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

Final score Covington 21 Liberty 13.

This one was decided by the defense, in my opinion. it was 7-7 at the half, after Covington had lost 3 fumbles and an interception.

Liberty scored first after the half, then missed the XP, to lead 13-7. Covington then scored and added the XP to go up 14-13.

The Chargers shut out Liberty the rest of the way, adding a TD in the 4th to make it 21-13.

If Covington had not had 5 turnovers, then this would not have been close. But, you can also say that Liberty forced those turnovers, too. Hard fought game to put Covington in the drivers seat for District champ.

ur joking right???