Hickman County @ Camden

CamdenBottoms

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good game from Hickman. I am not sure what team for Camden will show up from week to week. Either we are just down or the new teams in the district are just good too.

Either way The refs hate us.   I think we had 6 flags again tonight while the other team had one..same story every week win or lose.

Thats  not an excuse we have got beat when we should have and won when we should have too.

I  would like to personally apologize for what ever we as a town/team/parents/coaches might or might not have done that made the zebras mad and would appreciate it if you called em both ways  thank you very much.

good game from Hickman. I am not sure what team for Camden will show up from week to week. Either we are just down or the new teams in the district are just good too.

Either way The refs hate us.   I think we had 6 flags again tonight while the other team had one..same story every week win or lose.

Thats  not an excuse we have got beat when we should have and won when we should have too.

I  would like to personally apologize for what ever we as a town/team/parents/coaches might or might not have done that made the zebras mad and would appreciate it if you called em both ways  thank you very much.

Maybe we just aren't disciplined, like bottoms has been saying.

What happened over in Camden tonight with the game? Did Camden lose the lead or did they get behind and could not get caught up? 

Went up 7-0 they scored on a long 4th down pass..never should have happened 7-6

we were marching doing what we wanted decided to pass(something we cant do) and threw a pick  they went up 12-7 stopped us score right before half 20-7 them

they got the ball at half we stopped em on a huge 3rd down and one of ours got a 15 yarder hands to the face  and then another for running off at the mouth supposedly.. 27-7 them the end .Offensives anemic and defensively inept tonight plenty of blame to go around..

Maybe we just aren't disciplined, like bottoms has been saying.

Thats doesn't explain the other teams having 1 penalty a game vs us  very late in the game and all ours being at crucial times/long runs or I might buy it. Everyone who reads Bottoms posts knows bottoms has a hate the coach agenda and he has made that abundantly clear for the last 3 years

No disrespect to any Camden player or fan, but they are far from being disciplined. Hickman had 2 flags tonight illegal motion and an emproachment. From the beginning Camden players, I won't say were doing it on purpose, but were shoving well after the whistle. They were just being aggressive which is good, but can cost you at times. They would have one huge run, and then next play block in the back right in front of the ref or a hold. It happens every play you just have to watch where you are doing it at. Camden was an awesome team... Huge size great speed, in my own opinion just discipline problems. Also had a false start I believe which happens when emotions run high but just have to watch it. HC suffered from that a lot at the beginning of the season, we'd start drives first or second and 25, and then buckled down midway through the season having less penalties. The penalty we had waved off was for an illegal linemen down field... But our QB had already took off running before he went down field which is why the flag was waved off. Camden's offense started off awesome and then once we drove it down the field and scored just as easily as they did... It seemed like some of Camden's kids just gave up, then kicked it back into high gear late 4th. Good luck to Camden the rest of the season, idk who all they have left but they should win out... Great team and by far had the best size I've seen all year.

Anyone who is a realist has hated the coaches agenda for the past 3 years and hated his play calling when he was Wards offensive coordinator.  He can't coach......period.  He is pathetic and he should be ashamed of what he has made of this program.  If he was any kind of a man he would step down before he just gets replaced.  Blow you are a joke, give these boys some hope and don't subject any other team to your poor leadership.

Thats doesn't explain the other teams having 1 penalty a game vs us  very late in the game and all ours being at crucial times/long runs or I might buy it. Everyone who reads Bottoms posts knows bottoms has a hate the coach agenda and he has made that abundantly clear for the last 3 years

I just want to see them win bottom line.Parents of the kids playing see things different than fans in the stands do.Ive been disgruntled ever since the game in Bruceton two years ago.They moved backwards all night with flags and it hasnt stopped.I know the coaches get on here and read and I have been trying to push them to tighten up.Im getting some backup on here now and just want to see some good football.

Again, let me ask this question. I am very much pro Camden and these boys seem like a group of very nice young men. What I want to know is this, how many games did these kids win when they attended the junior high?

I had a conversation with one of the (Camden) players around 2010, who played for Ward. I told him that I was proud of his group for beating Huntingdon four years in a row. I told him I could never remember any group of seniors at Camden who had done that. He politely stated, "We actually beat them seven years in a row, they never beat us in junior high." There are two points here.

Talent comes in waves at most schools.  Another point is that students who play ball in Camden remember the kids from Waverly and Huntingdon and other year-in-year-out teams. They have it in the back of their minds when they are in the 10th grade if they lost to these boys 55-0 when they were in the 8th grade. Now if these kids who are currently 10th and 11th graders were undefeated in the junior high, I could see getting on here and complaining about the coaches. However, as a long time Camden fan, I don't think this is the case in 2013. We were fortunate to have Ward in the early 2000s, it was good to have a coach like Richardson in the 1960s. Besides those years, we have averaged .500, which is right about where we are right now. I can count on one hand (probably two fingers) how many times we have beaten Milan since 1970 and I can count on two hands how many time we have beaten Huntingdon since that same year. 

I know this is going to make some people mad, but before you start running coaches off (along with some good assistants), you better look at the math and look at the history of Camden football. Stability is better than continual transition. If you don't believe me, ask the folks up on the hill at Knoxville.