Gordonsville @ Watertown

croz6110

Yea they won't be 5 deep on the fences for this one. Watertown has some athletes but its all about me, me and looking good with the gloves and arm sleeves but at the end no grass stains, no toughness sorry love them but call it like it is . As for gvill I will say one thing they might be down a little but they will still show up and hit you. Good luck to both teams.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea they won't be 5 deep on the fences for this one. Watertown has some athletes but its all about me, me and looking good with the gloves and arm sleeves but at the end no grass stains, no toughness sorry love them but call it like it is . As for gvill I will say one thing they might be down a little but they will still show up and hit you. Good luck to both teams.

I have to hand it to our coaches in that aspect. They don't allow any pretty gloves or sleeves. They also don't allow any pink stuff in October. They tell the players they can wear pink stuff when they go visit breast cancer patients in the hospital not to look like Chris Johnson. I look for Gville to come out firing Friday night. But don't see the blowout some are predicting. I watched a minute of practice yesterday and Moose was chewing them from one side of the field to the other. Also seen two freshman starting at the guards. Don't know if they will Friday night but they was in when I drove by.

I have to hand it to our coaches in that aspect. They don't allow any pretty gloves or sleeves. They also don't allow any pink stuff in October. They tell the players they can wear pink stuff when they go visit breast cancer patients in the hospital not to look like Chris Johnson. I look for Gville to come out firing Friday night. But don't see the blowout some are predicting. I watched a minute of practice yesterday and Moose was chewing them from one side of the field to the other. Also seen two freshman starting at the guards. Don't know if they will Friday night but they was in when I drove by.

I agree with your coaches Friday nights is about heart and being physical not about looking pretty but if you come to game you will find out what I'm talking about. I hope its different fri night I am just stating what I have seen every game thus far.

The Tigers are talented, but they have issues.

Granted, they're not as talented as last year, but they also don't have the team dynamic that they had last year.

I look for them to finish 5-5, and some years that's not good enough to make the playoffs.

If SP goes to Quad 1, I don't see us meeting. But I've seen 5-5 teams win state.

Yes, I have as well. If SP goes to quad 1 you don't see us meeting? I guess that means you think we will lose. 😞 Gordonsville can win some games in the playoffs this year. Everyone understands they aren't as good, but still better than most.

Told that the Tigers had a great week of practice this week so I'm saying Gville by 21. But I doubt Gville will make it past the first or second round. I don't sense much motivation or excitement. I think this Tiger team is ready to hang their hats on getting a big ring last year and ending the streak against Carthage. But hopefully I am proved wrong. I also asked one of the players if any of our boys was getting college looks and he said Cason is getting a couple and Glover is getting a lot for long snapping. I sure hope these two boys get a opportunity.

Told that the Tigers had a great week of practice this week so I'm saying Gville by 21. But I doubt Gville will make it past the first or second round. I don't sense much motivation or excitement. I think this Tiger team is ready to hang their hats on getting a big ring last year and ending the streak against Carthage. But hopefully I am proved wrong. I also asked one of the players if any of our boys was getting college looks and he said Cason is getting a couple and Glover is getting a lot for long snapping. I sure hope these two boys get a opportunity.

I hope they get an opportunity too, but Cason doesn't look so dominant without that fullback and huge line in front of him like last year. It took all 4 downs from the 3 yard line to score on Westy the other night and the score came from the QB on a misdirection play. Totally different team from last season. The offense was pretty much different as well.

I hope they get an opportunity too, but Cason doesn't look so dominant without that fullback and huge line in front of him like last year. It took all 4 downs from the 3 yard line to score on Westy the other night and the score came from the QB on a misdirection play. Totally different team from last season. The offense was pretty much different as well.

Those big Uglies definitely make a difference. It's hard to lose what GVille lost last season and expect more than you're getting. Most 1A teams look at 2-8 or 3-7 records when they lose a senior class of 20 kids. Especially as good as Gordonsville's were last year.

I agree, but last year we also had a QB that could run the ball pretty dang good. Now defenses can key Cason and fly to him. Which I guarantee is what Westmoreland did if you ask around. Smotherman can't hurt you near as bad as Payton Watson could last year.

I agree, but last year we also had a QB that could run the ball pretty dang good. Now defenses can key Cason and fly to him. Which I guarantee is what Westmoreland did if you ask around. Smotherman can't hurt you near as bad as Payton Watson could last year.

Wha Wha What...aren't you the same one who was saying Smotherman for Heisman after he threw for a thousand yards in the RBS game?

Don't look as good against better competition huh? :popcorneater: