Marion vs Sale Creek (McCurry man against that Cox man)

Roy Dillard

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

98NC they think I am an assistant at Sequatchie which would be further from the truth. My name is Phillip, I put Tim on my profile because I did not know much about coacht at the time. To be honest until I looked at my profile today, which I have not done in years, I had forgot I had done so. I will try to change it.

98NC they think I am an assistant at Sequatchie which would be further from the truth. My name is Phillip, I put Tim on my profile because I did not know much about coacht at the time. To be honest until I looked at my profile today, which I have not done in years, I had forgot I had done so. I will try to change it.

Yeah. Don't go thinking possum is a coach at SC. He only said he wished he was on the headset vs SP, not that he actually was on the headset. Old Ken and crew are smarter than to put another former head coach from the valley on the headset.

Well TBolt you are right, I certainly don't have much to brag about during my time at Whitwell, but there are certain facts. Before I got to Whitwell they had the longest loosing streak in the State at 0-23. However while I was there we went to the playoffs three times and to the second round twice, while winning a region championship in 2001. To me the biggest thing was bringing pride back to the school in upgrading the facilities, remodeled field house, new track, and turf for the field, not to mention all the landscaping. When I got there the graduation rate was 50% and when I left it was over 90%. Football during that time brought pride back to the school, and community. So yea, I don't have much to brag about and people like you can say what they want, but when I left there I left there with my head held high. So TBolt, what makes so special to get on here and criticize?

I'd like to share this article from The TimesFreePress...says a lot about the young man.

Blake Zeman plays with Heart for Marion County

Blake Zeman was awarded Player of the Game honors in WRCB-TV's game of the week.

The burly fullback, centerpiece of Marion County's offensive attack, took the trophy and sought out Mrs. Mark Griffith, wife of Marion County's superintendent of schools, and gave her the trophy.

It was another way for the junior to remember 16-year-old Kennedy Griffith, the Griffith's daughter that died last year after a battle with cancer.

"It was heartfelt," Marion County football coach Mac McCurry said Sunday afternoon. "They were pretty good buddies."

Zeman has been selected Best of Preps Player of the Week for an outstanding performance in the Warriors' 52-28 victory over Sequatchie County. He rushed for 311 yards and four touchdowns.

"I've had five Mr. Football winners and six Mr. Football finalists, and he's comparable to any of those," McCurry said. "I had Brandon Wells at Moore County, and he rushed for nearly 8,000 career rushing yards. In some ways Blake is better than Brandon."

His tribute Friday wasn't Zeman's first to Kennedy. He had worn No. 20 most of his career but he knew last year when she appeared on the field that she would be wearing jersey No. 1. He asked to wear the same number that night and then went back to no. 20 the following week. This season he returned to No. 1.

"I was a little concerned that other people would see this as Blake being egotistical but he doesn't have an ego. He's a very caring and unselfish kid."