October 1/3 Week Pick 'Em

CHAMPDDS

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMinn wins 1-0. (Wasn't sure they would have mermaid power today but I hear they did)

MCMINN COUNTY V MCMINN CENTRAL (Mermaid power!)

Wow...much closer than I thought it would be!  Sounds like Central must have fought hard.  Congrats to the Mermaid for stepping up.  Love to hear a scouting report on Central before Thursday...

I would love to help you Eagle eye but I have many friends on the Central team, not that I could help anyways. I would love to watch Grace play Central it should be exciting.

Wow...much closer than I thought it would be! Sounds like Central must have fought hard. Congrats to the Mermaid for stepping up. Love to hear a scouting report on Central before Thursday...

Wow...much closer than I thought it would be!  Sounds like Central must have fought hard.  Congrats to the Mermaid for stepping up.  Love to hear a scouting report on Central before Thursday...

McMinn Central plays what I find to be a very strange offensive trap. They use a sweeper, which makes the timing of their trap odd to me. I wasn't there last night, but I heard McMinn Co's goal came as the result of confusion by the Central defense. The sweeper stepped up to trap, but the left ouitside back did not, allowing the attack on the right side. Since they use a sweeper, long balls won't work. Need crisp diagonal runs with shorter passes to confuse the trapping defense.

McMinn Central plays what I find to be a very strange offensive trap. They use a sweeper, which makes the timing of their trap odd to me. I wasn't there last night, but I heard McMinn Co's goal came as the result of confusion by the Central defense. The sweeper stepped up to trap, but the left ouitside back did not, allowing the attack on the right side. Since they use a sweeper, long balls won't work. Need crisp diagonal runs with shorter passes to confuse the trapping defense.

Men; that is how you break it down...... anything less is jibberjab.......Dekalb; it would be of wise advise to pay Cannon his consulting fees......yep! I am on the Cannon Short Bus.......you girls should see him trap a possum :mrgreen:

Wow...nice breakdown Cannon.  CoachT may have to upgrade your member status with analysis like that!  Heard from another source that one side of their D was more vulnerable than the other which seems to line up with your assessment.

Looking forward to the match tomorrow and confident Grace will prevail but not taking Central lightly.  Good coaching up that way thx to AAA and expect they will come hard and have a thing or two up their sleeve with the district title essentially on the line.  Should be fun...

Booger Picks (no pun intended)

Girls, Booger using his Mulligan before kick off tonight.....I meant to pick McMinn Central the first time.....

OCTOBER 1

CCS V BAYLOR

CLEVELAND V SODDY DAISY

SMITH COUNTY V DEKALB (because Dekalb believes)

MCMINN COUNTY V MCMINN CENTRAL

OCTOBER 3

BEARDEN V KNOX CATHOLIC

NOTRE DAME V CLEVELAND

MCMINN CENTRAL V GRACE

OK....50% from Tuesday.........should have stuck w/ McMinn County and I picked against SC like many others did,  w/ hopes of a great miracle and to show Dekalb some love and kindness :wub:  (he definitely needs it).....DeKalb, you had your chance and you blew it

Baylor 5 CCS 0......far cry from a tie Eagle

.........finally gonna get to see some Boogerette and the Fighting Irish tonight.......Boogers @ Champys  :hungry:

Edited by Booger