October 1/3 Week Pick 'Em

CHAMPDDS

Booger-

I will join you in the 50% club....Tried to show some love for my friends at Soddy. Tried to smooth over my PUBS tension with DeKalb.....Need to leave my heart at the gate next time...

Let's hope both Irish teams and the Eagles can get me in the 100% club for tonight... :mrgreen:

OCTOBER 3

BEARDEN V KNOX CATHOLIC

NOTRE DAME V CLEVELAND (Senior night should be quite short with only one Senior for ND)

MCMINN CENTRAL V GRACE

Edited by CHAMPDDS

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="CHAMPDDS" post="3027247" timestamp=

AAA picked em

OCTOBER 1

Got it Baylor Wins . CCS V BAYLOR.

Missed it. Soddy Wins. CLEVELAND V SODDY DAISY

Missed it. Dekalb wins (i am guessing) SMITH COUNTY V DEKALB (Take care of SC Dekalb...)

I missed it but i got it cuz we won and when i say we win we lose this game for some reason so I took one for the team if that makes sense Central wins because i have ALWAYS guessed wrong in the past. MCMINN COUNTY V MCMINN CENTRAL

OCTOBER 3

Bearden wins. BEARDEN V KNOX CATHOLIC

Notre Dame wins. NOTRE DAME V CLEVELAND

McMinn Central wins this because they will be coming off of a big win vs MC 😉MCMINN CENTRAL V GRACE

Is the grace central game at McMinn or Chatt.

....Others?

D

Edited by AAASOCCER

Booger-

I will join you in the 50% club....Tried to show some love for my friends at Soddy. Tried to smooth over my PUBS tension with DeKalb.....Need to leave my heart at the gate next time...

Let's hope both Irish teams and the Eagles can get me in the 100% club for tonight... :mrgreen:

OCTOBER 3

BEARDEN V KNOX CATHOLIC

NOTRE DAME V CLEVELAND (Senior night should be quite short with only one Senior for ND)

MCMINN CENTRAL V GRACE

Eagles did their part for you CHAMP... 3-1 over Central (2-0 at half, 3-0 with less than 2 to play)

Game was at Grace...missed you AAA.  You would have been proud of the Central girls.  Fought hard and the ODP-er up front certainly tested the Eaglettes D especially after some halftime adjustments  Not hard to see why she is one of the area leaders in goals and assists but just didn't have enough help.  Sweeper in back was solid too but obviously couldn't be everywhere.

ND-Cleveland score??

OK....50% from Tuesday.........should have stuck w/ McMinn County and I picked against SC like many others did,  w/ hopes of a great miracle and to show Dekalb some love and kindness :wub:  (he definitely needs it).....DeKalb, you had your chance and you blew it

Baylor 5 CCS 0......far cry from a tie Eagle

.........finally gonna get to see some Boogerette and the Fighting Irish tonight.......Boogers @ Champys  :hungry:

Yep...Definitely blew the CCS-Baylor call.  Should have known better as the Eaglett played club ball with most of Baylor's seniors and they're all top notch.  Temporary insanity!

Glad you finally got to see Boogerette play.  That's always good stuff!  Had another source speak very highly of the Lady Irish recently (select talent top to bottom) and with only losing one Sr sounds like they're primed to contend for another state title soon...Just hope not this year because if Grace is ever gonna make a run, this year would be it! :mrgreen: Regardless, if they're gonna be the best they'll have to beat the best and looking like formidable competition throughout the state including the Lady Irish of K-town. Gettin fun now!!  Best-O-Luck to ya!

Notre Dame 3

Cleveland 0

Notre Dame came out strong the first 10 minutes, and Cleveland looked flat but finally picked up play mid first half...1-0 at half Notre Dame.....game got really rolling second half with both teams really scrapping for the ball, couple of cards went a flying for both teams...unfortunately, a collision of a ND player and Cleveland's keeper resulted in the keeper being injured (suspect knee, but not sure..hope she is okay, but she was on the field a while before they went to the sideline) ....Notre Dame scored 2 more goals before the final whistle blew...

Booger can probably provide more game details...

D

Edited by CHAMPDDS

How about one of your top shelf scouting reports on cleveland. I have yet to see them play.

Notre Dame 3

Cleveland 0

Notre Dame came out strong the first 10 minutes, and Cleveland looked flat but finally picked up play mid first half...1-0 at half Notre Dame.....game got really rolling second half with both teams really scrapping for the ball, couple of cards went a flying for both teams...unfortunately, a collision of a ND player and Cleveland's keeper resulted in the keeper being injured (suspect knee, but not sure..hope she is okay, but she was on the field a while before they went to the sideline) ....Notre Dame scored 2 more goals before the final whistle blew...

Booger can probably provide more game details...

D

EagleEye I am sorry I missed the game was wanting to watch the all star goalie you guys have as well as the sweeper and forward on Central whom we know quite well. They are both a bit "froggy"

Booger-

OCTOBER 3

BEARDEN V KNOX CATHOLIC

MCMINN CENTRAL V GRACE

Eagles did their part for you CHAMP... 3-1 over Central (2-0 at half, 3-0 with less than 2 to play)

Game was at Grace...missed you AAA. You would have been proud of the Central girls. Fought hard and the ODP-er up front certainly tested the Eaglettes D especially after some halftime adjustments Not hard to see why she is one of the area leaders in goals and assists but just didn't have enough help. Sweeper in back was solid too but obviously couldn't be everywhere.

ND-Cleveland score??

Certainly not top shelf CHAMPy report but for what its worth from the cupboard floor...

Cleveland has dual threat standouts up front in #6 (speed to burn) and #8 super foot skills with ability to pass and dribble in heavy traffic.  They generally work well together to create opportunities.  Interested to hear how ND kept them in check.

Also tough sweeper/stopper in back AAA should recognize with excellent speed, size and toughness who can also come up to make some plays and get in the offense.  Decent supporting cast as well.

Starting keeper was also solid but don't recall if there was big drop-off with back up.

Certainly not top shelf CHAMPy report but for what its worth from the cupboard floor...

Cleveland has dual threat standouts up front in #6 (speed to burn) and #8 super foot skills with ability to pass and dribble in heavy traffic. They generally work well together to create opportunities. Interested to hear how ND kept them in check.

Also tough sweeper/stopper in back AAA should recognize with excellent speed, size and toughness who can also come up to make some plays and get in the offense. Decent supporting cast as well.

Starting keeper was also solid but don't recall if there was big drop-off with back up.

1 shot on goal for Cleveland (could say 2 to be generous).....in check is an understatement.......Seriously hoping the Cleveland Goalie's injury turns out to be nothing........one of our up and coming sophomores forwards kicked her while in hot pursuit of a ball..........pretty confident it was not worthy of the caution that followed either (as Cannon says: nothing wrong w/ a little caution)

The Irish also had one go down last night with a knee injury. She was scheduled before the game was over to see one of Chattanooga's top Surgeons this morning. Bless her heart; she had just came off rehab from surgery on her other knee (still wearing a brace on it actually).....hoping for positive news on her this morning (also on the Cleveland goalie if someone up there can provide it)

I saw a lady Irish team that gave itself opportunity after opportunity to score many many more than the 3 they got; but had a very difficult time putting the ball on frame.......per discussions at the game; that has apparently been their MO all season.......I also think we have to get a lot more production out of the midfield as we hit the playoffs (more control of the ball and better delivery to the front)..........Of course the back line and Goalie are solid (they have been scored on though) ..................One of you PUBS ND money men make a phone call and get that squared away before the playoffs, please. :mrgreen:

As promised earlier in the week; you all would finally get a professional assessment of the Chattanooga area soccer..........Without a doubt; The ND Lady Fighting Irish are far and above the best team Booger has laid eyes on so far this year......with 100% certainty; they will be playing in the A-AA District 7 Championship Game....ONLY 1 SENIOR???

The Catholics to the north over Bearden 1-0......100% on the night; gents............Booger out :twisted:

Ask not what your "booger" can do 4 u but what you can do 4 your "booger"

Edited by Booger

Cleveland has dual threat standouts up front in #6 (speed to burn) and #8 super foot skills with ability to pass and dribble in heavy traffic.  They generally work well together to create opportunities.  Interested to hear how ND kept them in check.

Also tough sweeper/stopper in back AAA should recognize with excellent speed, size and toughness who can also come up to make some plays and get in the offense.  Decent supporting cast as well.

I am more Bleacher Eye Candy than I am a scout (Just ask Booger and ChatCannon's Wives).....Notre Dame's Back Line is very good...The #6 and #8 girls are very good, but got frustrated in the midfield and got tied up with center mid on many occasions ...#8 could move the ball laterally with ease (she is good), but any forward motion was smothered....there were less than a handful of true attacks on goal...I only recall maybe 2 true stops our keeper was challenged with and they were late in the game....Even though 2 goals were put on the backup keeper..I would say that they were both great shots and would have gone passed their starter as well...one was a fantastic cross and then volleyed from about hip height into the goal...beautiful soccer...