Catholic at Anderson County

MAVERICK1995

Well it's obvious that Catholic will be gunning for Fox, but so many here seem to think he'll fold tonight. I remember just a week ago the talk was the same for the Central game. I don't think Catholic has played a strength of schedule to prepare them for this Mavs team. I see a repeat of last week with a close first half and then we pull away. Great things don't happen through fear.

Don't like each other?  How has AC manage to hold on to such disdain for Catholic? They last played in 2008.  None of the players or head coaches where even around then.  I hope it's a good clean game without all the extra nonsense,  I seem to remember AC being a very classy team.

IDK if we have...lol I just know when we played each other they didnt like each other.

Well it's obvious that Catholic will be gunning for Fox, but so many here seem to think he'll fold tonight. I remember just a week ago the talk was the same for the Central game. I don't think Catholic has played a strength of schedule to prepare them for this Mavs team. I see a repeat of last week with a close first half and then we pull away. Great things don't happen through fear.

I dont!  I think he will get 100+

Edited by Space3

You won't hold AC to 10 points.  You can mark that down. 

Question for AC, have you guys attempted a field goal this year? 

yes, but it was not good, wide right I believe from about 25/30 yards.  If he would have just treated it like an extra point it would have been fine, but he rushed...PAT Kicker is a Sophmore and has improved tremendesly over the coarse of the year, PAT's look like they would be good from about 30/35.  He will be a really good kicker come his Senior year, but for now he is average.  They do have a kicker that can put the ball in the endzone on kickoffs, I believe he may be a SR, may be wrong on that though, but he is very inconsistent on that and sometimes the returner can get big yards when he catches it from the 4 on a line drive kickoff, the sophomore kicked the last half of the game last week with pooch kicks, was hanging them high and forcing Central to fair catch them at the 30/35.

not really, just stating that in all games you can look back and make excusses, but should not.  If CC would have pulled that game off I would not be on here saying if this had happened or that we would have, but he is and needs to drop it.  You don't hear me making excusses about the Powell Game do your?  We got beat fair and square.  All I have said about CC is positive, so whats the problem....its not my fan base trying to start an argument over a game that is over when you have so many tough games ahead.  I am just responding to an idiotic comment.  Good luck tonight, I think CC wins, and AC wins, And Powell wins, and Central wins...is that better :?:

Wasn't saying anything to u MAV4.  I was telling CCNation to drop it. Let sleeping dogs lie, U know. Nothing derogatory towards AC.

Don't forget AC's Phillips with 77 tackles at MLB. He filled a major hole when Cody hurt and produced.

Stats that prepxtra showed did not have Phillips listed...sorry if I missed him, I was just posting what they were reporting...he is stepping up good, should find out about Cody today, I am pretty sure his appointment is today, cross you fingers:)

Like I said people underestimate the Irish defense and their athleticism.  Playing teams like Maryville, West, Bearden and Farragut the last four years didn't prepare them.  Scrimmaging powerhouse teams like McCallie back in August didn't prepare them either.  And based on your schedule, AE, Central, Karns and Gibbs have more then helped prepare you guys for this game.   So with that said I hope you guys take it easy on the Irish tonight since they are so unprepared for this game.  It's a shame Coach Matthews wasted the boys time by practicing for a game they are not prepared for.

lets not start the whole strength of schedule thing again, remember where that got us with Powell.  This Catholic team is a good team no matter who they played, we better show up.