Catholic at Anderson County

MAVERICK1995

I won't state the obvious with the AC defense. Coaches know something has to change and the players have to follow through. There will be a lot of focus by Catholic on Fox which can be an advantage for AC because the Mavs have so many weapons. Johnson, Foust, Strickland, Hicks, Smith, Ford....just to name a few. Anyone of these guys can score on you fast! AC learned this week that when it's close, if you stick together and play as a team, you can run away with it.

I think Catholic wins this one. Offense is starting to click. Defense is playing really good. #3 from Catholic can really run the ball. He and #12 can be deadly. Catholic can also beat you with their passing game. It'll be a good game!

I haven't kept up with the whole of Catholic's schedule. But I hope you're not gauging your offensive capability by last Friday's game. Kingston is terrible. Maybe as bad as Halls from our district. You didn't score on offense against a not very good CAK team. It does seem that you have a pretty good defense. I'm looking forward to this game and renewal of an old region rivalry!

A not so very good CAK team lost to Powell 42-41, the same Powell team that beat AC 41-27. Catholic's defense held CAK to 14 points with one offensive TD and two FG. It will be interesting to say the least. Catholic has managed to go 6-0 with several key veteran players out with injuries and playing a lot of freshman on offense and defense.

A not so very good CAK team lost to Powell 42-41, the same Powell team that beat AC 41-27. Catholic's defense held CAK to 14 points with one offensive TD and two FG. It will be interesting to say the least. Catholic has managed to go 6-0 with several key veteran players out with injuries and playing a lot of freshman on offense and defense.

Uh, okay I concede your point, Powell scored 42 on on a not very good CAK team. And Catholic didn't score ANY offensive points on that team. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be a good hotly contested game. But I think my point is still well made, and that is that your offense hasn't yet really stepped up against a quality defense. With that said, our defense has been streaky to say the least.

That Powell team was a totally different team against AC than they were against CAK. I'm sure that's the case with a lot of teams. This should be a good one.