Bradley @ Cleveland

raiderfan25

No topic yet. Whats wrong with this. One of the biggest rivalries and crowds in state plus a little more on the line this year

Everyone catching their breaths after Friday night's games? Both were barn burners, and right to the end.

Don't worry tho I think this thread will heat up soon.

Two good teams will be going at it.

Some early thoughts:

Bradley appears to be in good shape except for the possible loss of Crisp. This hurts offensively yes, but I think it's worse for the defense. I have confidence that he could go 1 on 1 with DJ and make him work for what he gets. If Crisp can't go, advantage Cleveland on that.

Cleveland, from what I heard has quite a few nagging injuries so may not be in as good of shape overall, but not as much of a problem overall.

This game may be the most evenly matched, on paper, between the two, that I have seen in a while. Both teams have strengths and weaknesses that the other use. But no glaring single thing you can point to and say that is the difference.

Cleveland's Herinck deserves all his accolades, but Standifer has had a higher QB ranking in the Times Free Press stat sheets all year. Bradley spreads the ball among more receivers, but DJ is a single bigger threat than any of Bradley's WRs especially if Crisp is out. Bradley's run game should be considered an advantage to them, at this point still, but Cleveland's DL has rapidly gotten better so this may not be as big of an advantage as it would have been earlier.

Cleveland's defense depends on speed. Not a bad thing to depend on, but harder to make short yardage stops But less likely for anyone to make the big game breaking play. Bradley is solid but with less speed, they can give up the big play. But with Trevino back in the middle, gaining ground with the run game is tough on opponents. I think Eagle and Owl fans will attest to his play, and what a difference he is.

Gonna be a great game, and here's to both teams playing their best and no injuries.

BEAR MEATS TOUGH

There that should get the some of the Raiders fired up. LOL

Edited by alt1958

I'm guessing Cleveland will be the favorite in this game, but I think the Bears can win a close one.  With Crisp, I like Bradley's odds a little better, but even without him, Bradley can win this one.  The Bears should be able to get points with the running game and run the clock to keep Herinck off the field.  Bear defense should be able to stop Cleveland's run game and get pressure on the QB.

My Eagles have a bye this week, so I'm considering going to this one.  drinks.gif

Bradley qb runs and throws...so close gap in the middle or he will run wild...Trevino will reak havoc on the run game for the first 3qtrs. ..keep running and you will see his hands on his hips gasping for air...Crisp isn't the only wide out....as soon as he left another stud caught a pass and was in the endzone quick...l give the edge to da bears...the question is which qb will get the most flags from uncle ref...#all in the family. ..

Naw. I'd like to come, though. Those danged Bear hosers couldn't git ther grease hot enough on the visitors' side to cook ther funnel cakes and corn dogs. Do you fellers fry funnel cakes and corn dogs? I'm ther if'n you do. :hungry:

I would advise you to give yourself extra time for the parking cause it can get very crowded when both are good. Before they built Walker Valley I would say that it was one of if not the biggest crowds in the state. Back in the mid 70s early 80s it was unreal.

I would advise you to give yourself extra time for the parking cause it can get very crowded when both are good. Before they built Walker Valley I would say that it was one of if not the biggest crowds in the state. Back in the mid 70s early 80s it was unreal.

If yer boosters bring ther deep fryer and cook me up a funnel cake, I'll come cheer for the Bears.  :hungry: