South Pittsburg against Lookout (Moore man against that Webb man)

Roy Dillard

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The community is not dying.Just the school.The community is growing.When a school gets kids outside of it community it only hurts the school....Around 100 kids from LV go to other schools......This will happen at SM too.......

Before the change in bussing policy by the HCDOE, LV was definitely benefitting from kids from outside the community. Could be the reason so many local kids chose "other" schools.

I hope Lookout Valley isn't a look into the Pirate future.  LV's well has run dry, and I fear ours is running dry, too.  These things run in cycles, though, so it won't last forever.  I have a lot of respect for Coach Webb's program, and I'm proud to say Coach Clounch and his son are friends of mine. 

It is....LV's is  growing and SP is is not..... Alot of LV kids go to different schools.SP is drying up.....What has Webb done at LV ???.....Coach Clounch is a good man,but he doesn't help with football and his son doesn't play......

How....and it is...

How? Really? It's no secret that most of the athletes that LV had which made their football and basketball teams so competitive in the past actually lived on the other side of the mountain. Now that the bus no longer runs from St Elmo the pool of athletes is drying up. Since many of the locals have gone elsewhere to school, rough times lay ahead for the Jackets.

It is....LV's is growing and SP is is not..... Alot of LV kids go to different schools.SP is drying up.....What has Webb done at LV ???.....Coach Clounch is a good man,but he doesn't help with football and his son doesn't play......

SP drying up? I wouldn't say that just yet. The SP feeder programs have several dominate age groups. They don't have quite the talent they have seen the past 6-7 years, but they will still be able to compete in 1A. They might just have some 6-4 and 7-3 records heading into the playoffs.

With all the sweetness in here,  the last couple of pages, We all may just sit together for that November 1st game.

.About this game, LV has a bright spot in that freshman QB (Walker) . I would like to see them try to build a team atound him.

This will be his last year to play football at LV....He has a great chance to play baseball after high school...He may play football at another school with Junior......

How? Really? It's no secret that most of the athletes that LV had which made their football and basketball teams so competitive in the past actually lived on the other side of the mountain. Now that the bus no longer runs from St Elmo the pool of athletes is drying up. Since many of the locals have gone elsewhere to school, rough times lay ahead for the Jackets.

I think you need to look at records...Both football and basketball teams had better records before the kids came from the other side of the mountain...

SP drying up? I wouldn't say that just yet. The SP feeder programs have several dominate age groups. They don't have quite the talent they have seen the past 6-7 years, but they will still be able to compete in 1A. They might just have some 6-4 and 7-3 records heading into the playoffs.

SP, will always be able to compete in 1A........That because most schools grow out of 1A....OR two or three schools become a 2A or 3A school.....

yes..

Out of curiosity, have you been to a basketball game in the past four or five years or do you just look at box scores or win/loss records?

Pretty sure that LV has won the district championship 2 out of past 4 years. The lean years before that probably had more to do with coaching than players. Joe Galloway knew how to coach the athleticism... Crownover didn't seem to mesh well with those guys. Just my opinion.

Edited by PurpleGrad