Gerry Bertier's 4A Weekly Playoff Update after Week 7

Gerry Bertier

Perhaps, both Greeneville and Fulton need to take note of how Nick Saban handles routes....he puts several 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string players in so that we don't run up gaudy numbers. Occasionally the subs score, but not often, and when they do he is apologetic. Seems to me that y'all like to think y'all are like Baylor and Oregon...just remember, defense wins championships. Oh , and by the way, I'm not a bandwagon Bama fan. I lived there 35 years.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps, both Greeneville and Fulton need to take note of how Nick Saban handles routes....he puts several 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string players in so that we don't run up gaudy numbers. Occasionally the subs score, but not often, and when they do he is apologetic. Seems to me that y'all like to think y'all are like Baylor and Oregon...just remember, defense wins championships. Oh , and by the way, I'm not a bandwagon Bama fan. I lived there 35 years.

Greeneville has won championships with defense! And this year they have another amazing defense along with the amazing offense

Taking the starters out after the first half isn't good enough for you? Our first string D has yet to be scored on an even then our 2s and 3s have only given up 34 pts this season. Thanks for your advice but I think we got this. Edited by KEV-O

Just remember, what comes around goes around! You will get yours. Maybe not this year, but you will get it. This is really good jabs, nothing personal. Oh yeah, Kev-O why you wear a bag, I know, I know, your ashamed of how y'all run the score up. I feel ya bro!

GREENEVILLE will mercy rule Betsy if they meet! BOOK IT!!!