Science Hill

AlumnI01

The Toppers have been battling numerous injuries this season. Will the team finally be healthy to finish the season strong? Here's a look at some key injuries:

Malik McGue(QB)-Has missed the last few weeks due to a high ankle sprain. Tried to play vs Sullivan Central last week but left the game after two snaps at QB. Coach Carter says McGue will be starting tomorrow night vs Volunteer.

Gad Nagba(LB/RB)-Will miss his second game tomorrow night with a high ankle sprain. He is the Toppers best defensive player so they need him to be able to return asap.

Mikey White(WR/CB)-Has missed the last few weeks due to a torn tendon in his hand that required surgery. He is expected to return next week vs Daniel Boone.

Malik Stephens(WR/DB)-Went out last week due to a shoulder injury. I've heard he is expected to return either next week or vs DB.

Cory Johnson(Center)-Will miss tomorrow night's game due to an ankle injury suffered in practice this week.

Chance Pierce(RB)-Missed last week due to a concussion. Expected to return tomorrow night vs Volunteer.

Edited by AlumnI01

The Toppers have been battling numerous injuries this season. Will the team finally be healthy to finish the season strong? Here's a look at some key injuries:

Malik McGue(QB)-Has missed the last few weeks due to a high ankle sprain. Tried to play vs Sullivan Central last week but left the game after two snaps at QB. Coach Carter says McGue will be starting tomorrow night vs Volunteer.

Gad Nagba(LB/RB)-Will miss his second game tomorrow night with a high ankle sprain. He is the Toppers best defensive player so they need him to be able to return asap.

Mikey White(WR/CB)-Has missed the last few weeks due to a torn tendon in his hand that required surgery. He is expected to return next week vs Daniel Boone.

Malik Stephens(WR/DB)-Went out last week due to a shoulder injury. I've heard he is expected to return either next week or vs DB.

Cory Johnson(Center)-Will miss tomorrow night's game due to an ankle injury suffered in practice this week.

Chance Pierce(RB)-Missed last week due to a concussion. Expected to return tomorrow night vs Volunteer.

What was your question again?

At the half, Science Hill is only up 14-6 over Volunteer. Toppers with easily their worst 1st half performance of the season. I've got to give a ton of credit to the Falcons though. That team has come out fired up and ready to play, while the Toppers have come out completely uninspired. Just a lazy performance from SH so far. Coach Carter should be embarrassed because his team looks completely unprepared to play football tonight.

Final score. SH-42 Volunteer-14.

Don't get me wrong, clearly the Toppers have been battling the injury bug the last few weeks but I don't know what the heck is going on with this team lately. Their performance this week and last have been nothing to brag about. A sloppy, lazy, uninspired performance vs both Sullivan Central and Volunteer(the two worst teams in the conference). Coach Carter better get this team in check before next Friday or they will get upset by the Blazers and smashed by the Indians in two weeks.

Edited by AlumnI01

Who do you guys think the toppers best back is?

Pierce is a force at RB.  He has good speed and sees the hole very well.  They have to have a good night from him against Kingsport to have any chance to break their long run of wins.  I like Adams inside the 10 for toughness.

Edited by Tornado89