Maplewood travels to A-town

BCsportsfan

Yep. Won it all in 2000 and 2002 - Class A. But none of that matters. That's why you won't hear CPA people taliking down to other schools. It's all about this year. I could be Joe Namath for all you know and it just doesn't matter. With all the championships Alcoa has, why does it constantly feel the need to talk garbage?

Spell check! Lol! I have yet to talk down CPA. You have been the one slinging garbage from day one. I've just been dishing it back. Past championships absolutely matter. If you honestly don't think they do, then you have no idea what you are talking about!

I get your point, but what do you think Jay Cutler would say? How did Bear Bryant act after he won his 4th national title? My point is that you have to earn it every year. Simply pointing behind you isn't enough. But honestly, the Alcoa folks do it a lot. If I had your winning tradition, I'd sit back and watch the world come to me. But to each his own.

Again, you asked me and I gave you a simple response. Tradition goes a long way. It usually comes with a great program and a great coaching staff. However, I'm sure you can search and find a few programs that don't have the latter, but Alcoa won't be one of them. Best of luck to CPA! I honestly hope we meet up in December!

I get your point, but what do you think Jay Cutler would say?  How did Bear Bryant act after he won his 4th national title?  My point is that you have to earn it every year.  Simply pointing behind you isn't enough.  But honestly, the Alcoa folks do it a lot.  If I had your winning tradition, I'd sit back and watch the world come to me.  But to each his own.

Alcoa has one of the best fan bases in the state. And the word fan is short for fanatic...and it's trash they talk,not garbage. If Maplewood is anywhere close to as good as they usually are, this will be a good game. If the talent is equal,I give the edge to Alcoa...they are better coached.

• Upvote 1