Mt. Juliet vs Gallatin

howdoitknow

I would love to tightrope walk on those bleachers again! We spent one of the most fun and unforgettable nights there four years ago. And four inch wide might be generous!

I agree that was a wild fun night. I was on the top row holding on for dear life screaming and cheering like I was back in school. Paris is a great place to watch a football game.

However, right now my mind is centered on MJ. They have beaten the Wave 2 straight years and I sure hope they play well enough to beat the Golden Bears and continue on toward the playoffs.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say this and believe most Bear fans would agree that the defense is the key for them to be successful. They will score some points but can they stop the Green Wave? Gallatin needs a good night from Debow. To me when they are balanced run/pass they are at their best.

I will say this and believe most Bear fans would agree that the defense is the key for them to be successful. They will score some points but can they stop the Green Wave? Gallatin needs a good night from Debow. To me when they are balanced run/pass they are at their best.

I agree, defense is the key. The offense will score at least 24 points; but the defense must show up. MJ must be mentally tough and play for their pride.

#3 Kyle Smith has had  a great  year with 72 carries for 732 yards in seven games. He didn't play in the Blackman game. It would be interesting to see what he would do with 20-25 carries a game.

I think he will have a monster game vs Gallatin.

Bears will have to be more focused than they were last week vs Hendersonville. Defense has been playing without any confidence and lack of emotion for the last several weeks except for a few brief moments. IF D shows up; Bears will win.

MJ 34-21

I think the defense will be ready this week especially since they have had two weeks to prepare.  #3 is a threat to score from anywhere on the field but we need some other players to step up.  If the Bears can win the turnover battle I think they will pull this one out. 

31-28.

Go Bears and #23.

So all of the MJ people at work think Gallatin will have no problem with MJ.... that worries me a little.

It's just a sign of the times.  It shows you how quickly a fan base can turn on it's own team, community, and kids.  Sometimes, people forget that we are talking about high school kids.  I believe MJ was in the semi-finals a time or two recently.  My advice to everyone is enjoy it while it lasts, but don't get too high on yourself.  At the same time, don't be too critical when all isn't going well.  Tough times don't last, tough people do.  The people you step on, on the way up may be the same ones you meet on your way down.