whats wrong with the william blount program?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a combination of both things. Alot of the players haven't been working as hard and/or playing at the level they are capable of playing and the coaching has left more to be desired. You can't blame it all on coaches because at the end of the day the players have to execute on the field and they haven't been doing that. But on the other hand alot of the stuff we are seeing from players falls back on the coaching staff . This year we have seen : stupid penalties and mental errors, poor tackling, miscommunications between the QB and receivers, missed blocking assignments ,and alot of other bad stuff. it's obvious that both the players and coaches are somewhat at fault, the question is who is more at fault? Is it a case of the players not listening to the coaches? Or is it a case of the coaches dropping the ball and flat out neglecting this stuff in practice? I don't know the answers to this question because im not at practice or in the locker room. One thing is for certain.. The Govs need a new offensive coordinator because play calling has been really bad at times this year. Another thing that is for certain is the Govs need discipline badly! They need to learn self discipline as well as getting discipline and being held accountable by the coaches and teammates. If the Govs were disciplined and played fundamentally sound football they could be a powerhouse. There's no excuse for those boys not knowing how to tackle! Tackling is a breeze if you use proper technique.

Edited by Governors91

IMO. No one thing , but a combination of a bunch of stuff. Ridge made a huge jump from 1a to 6a and I believe a little overwhelmed this year. He is very smart and will adjust. Needs some help on the sidelines. Some things they have done this year are head scratchers. The two middle schools need to be playing as one team not two. This is a powers that be thing. Ridge has been turned down on this issue when he asked about it. Getting the boys playing together in 7th and 8th grade would help tremendously. Would help with chemistry and they would win more games which would give them a winning mentality. (Ooz) out of zone players must be ended. It has killed WB since they opened the school. If kids (parents) want to go to another school and the school lets them fine, but don't let them play sports. That's my top three, I could go on but my finger got tired.

I agree that if schools in blount co. force zones and do not allow out of zone attendance it would even out the depth and talent pool. I believe in a foundation of KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid with the x's and o's. Also, the team has to expect to win and that happens through great preparation and the building of confidence.

IMO. No one thing , but a combination of a bunch of stuff. Ridge made a huge jump from 1a to 6a and I believe a little overwhelmed this year. He is very smart and will adjust. Needs some help on the sidelines. Some things they have done this year are head scratchers. The two middle schools need to be playing as one team not two. This is a powers that be thing. Ridge has been turned down on this issue when he asked about it. Getting the boys playing together in 7th and 8th grade would help tremendously. Would help with chemistry and they would win more games which would give them a winning mentality. (Ooz) out of zone players must be ended. It has killed WB since they opened the school. If kids (parents) want to go to another school and the school lets them fine, but don't let them play sports. That's my top three, I could go on but my finger got

tired.

As far as the out of zone stuff goes, its never going to change. WB is bursting at the seams and is probably relieved that a few students decide to go elsewhere. I say let those kids play at maryville and alcoa if their parents want to fork up the change for tuition. We don't need kids who don't want to play for WB anyways!

Maybe I'm a huge homer and unrealistic but I personally think we have the talent to field great teams every year. We just need to get a coaching staff in gere that can coach up these boys and make them believe they can win. I hope Ridge can get it done.

is it coaches? is it players? year in and year out we have so much talent go to waste i know its ridge first year but this team shouldnt be playing this way. whats difference between now and back in 07. seems like only coach to get it done is meadows

WB has a culture of losing. They accept it, maybe even expect it. Neither Ridge or anyone else is going to turn it around in a year. Current crop of Srs and Jrs need to move on. Coach will need 3-4 years to get this program turned around.

The two middle schools need to be playing as one team not two. This is a powers that be thing. Ridge has been turned down on this issue when he asked about it. Getting the boys playing together in 7th and 8th grade would help tremendously. Would help with chemistry and they would win more games which would give them a winning mentality.

In Johnson City thay say only having one feeder is a disadvantage and some up there want to chage it.