AC at Oakridge

MAVERICK1995

First off I wanna tip my hat to the AC team and their fans for a much deserved win. Took it to us on both sides of the ball tonight. The game went like I pretty much thought it would, but I thought our offense would do better than 6 pts. Wanna give props to AC's defense, they were much better than I expected. Also wanna give a shout out to our defense. To hold that team to 19 points is a darn good job. I may be mistaken, but is that AC's lowest point total of the year? The D never stopped fighting, even at the end. I thought besides the 2 long runs we did pretty good against AC's rush attack for the most part, but that one long one was a back breaker. I knew when we couldn't take it in after that long pass that it was over. We had ALL the momentum after that goal line stand and gave it right back to AC when they stuffed us down there. Offense seemed to be able to move it pretty good most of the night, but would just stall when we got in AC territory. I'm disappointed, we had our chances, but couldn't take advantage. Great job AC, you deserved it. Glad we made yall fight for it, though. I hope we meet again ,but our O has a lot to work on if we are gonna make it that far. D played good enough to win tonight.

Great game OR. I did not expect anything less. Glad AC took you guys serious or I would be posting something different. OR has a great defense. AC really showed improvement in the secondary Defense just need to keep working. All players were great tonight for AC but a huge shout to that AC defensive line. Wow they are better then I thought. That will help in the playoffs. Incredible game Mavs and Fox. And of course shout out to the Mavs Coaching staff really doing a good job with those boys oops I mean Men now that they are District Champs.

Edited by jeopardyperil

I think the defense played well enough to win. Can't ask for much more than to have held AC's offense to 19 pts. Dissapointed in the lack of offensive production, that killed us. We need to improve on offense if we are going to make it very far in the playoffs.

Amen to that, 82. Offense certainly laid an egg tonight. AC defense definitely had a lot to do with it, but we shot ourselves in the foot on a few occasions. Questionable play calling on some drives, but it is what it is.

Amen to that, 82. Offense certainly laid an egg tonight. AC defense definitely had a lot to do with it, but we shot ourselves in the foot on a few occasions. Questionable play calling on some drives, but it is what it is.

Agree on the play calling at times. They should know more than I do, but not sure what the thinking was on occasion.

Agree on the play calling at times. They should know more than I do, but not sure what the thinking was on occasion.

On the 4th and 2 in AC's territory when we ran it up the middle and got stuffed. All we had to do was do a quick slant pass across the middle. All they had was a safety playing back there. Would've easily gotten a first and maybe even a TD if completed. They had too many guys in the box to run it up the middle on that play especially when we were getting close to zero push all game up the middle. Slant pass was WIDE OPEN. Oh well. Easier said then done, I guess!

Edited by SweetScience

If you'll remember the passes were behind the receiver a lot , or the receiver was ahead of the pass. Don't know which. Does Oak Ridge spot pass? 

AC deserved the win so  congrats to them. We did shoot ourselves in the foot and that made the game frustrating.

Oh Well on to the Choo Choo area. Look out here we come. Don't know who needs to look out, but sat we'll know, but it don't matter. We'll be there.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL  

Edited by bounder

Congradulations to the OR QB, i heard on the way home that afyer tonight he moved up to number 4 in OR history in passing yards in a season and number 2 in passing TDs for a season. Given OR history that is not too shabby

Thanks Mav4Life. To have not even gone out for the team last year and to do what he has done so far this year speaks a lot for him. He was off a lot tonight, but it had to be hard to pass in the conditions tonight.

I would like to see the total stats, In this game. I know AC done really well the first half but never was able to come up with the total stats. Maybe the Knox News will show it tomorrow.

I think AC had a little over 300 yards. We had about 250 or so. Was a very tight, hard hitting affair. Most of AC's yards were in the run game, of course. Think they said Hicks only had about 50 yds passing. Hicks had 58 rushing yds, but could've had more if not for the sacks. Said on the radio Fox had 250 yds rushing. A lot of them coming on the 2 long runs.

Edited by SweetScience