AC at Oakridge

MAVERICK1995

I think it's because a lot of people think AC and their fans have gotten a little big headed to have never really won anything meaningful in football. My take on why a lot of people aren't pulling for you boys.

Lol! Just don't know our place, huh? Seriously though, I think the AC posters on here are pretty humble about our prospects. Hopeful yes, but not cocky.

If TSSAA didn't let everybody and their uncle in the playoffs like they do now they wouldn't have been in last year.

But that's the system we've got and the hand we're dealt, and we'll take it B) .  It does show consistently good, say at least above average, play.  And there are a lot of other teams in our district and elsewhere that wish they could say they'd been to the playoffs the last 10 or so years in a row.

What are these AC fans who lack humility saying that you all encounter?

I'm not buying that. If that's the case then you all wouldn't be pulling for cc because they have never one ANYTHING and they've gotton pretty big headed this year

i will have to disagree i think alot of CC fans are just happy to make the playoffs and be competitive for once i havent heard anyone get the big head besides me and i just do it to get arise out of the AC faithful LOL.

I think it's because a lot of people think AC and their fans have gotten a little big headed to have never really won anything meaningful in football. My take on why a lot of people aren't pulling for you boys.

The last 20 years what have OR done that AC has not?

Edited by Space3

The last 20 years what have OR done that AC has not?

OR has gone to a title game plus 6 other final 4 appearances, for starters.

AC has never played in a title game, and they've only made one final 4. AC has had pretty consistent success, however, and I'm never going to knock that. Teams like Karns and CC would love to have that kind of consistency.

To answer the other question, what I typically hear (not on the boards, but in the community and at games) is typical small town USA/coulda, woulda, shoulda BS. It isn't every fan, of course. I just hear it more often with AC than most others.

Edited by osunut2