Huntingdon @ Dresden (Week 10)

horse

It interesting to see what those who have played both the Lions and Stangs say and predict. So far the edge goes to Dresden. But sometimes no matter how good a team is they face their bully-nemesis. The one person/team who owns them and who they can't beat. We all have had such experiences, I sure have. It happens in team sports as well. BUT... the moment one finally does beat their bully... oh wow.. you are never the same and have grown immensely in self respect and confidence. And I will stick by my bold assessment I made early on this year... only Dresden can beat Dresden. And methinks Lions win this week even if they hit on just six or seven cylinders. But if they get to messing up alot like they're prone to do (which may likely happen thanks to their hyped up emotions of facing their mighty nemesis and strong foes Huntingdon), Lions gonna be spanked again. Last year I would have pawned all I had and bet on Lions winning if I was a betting man.. ha, that would have been disasterous. Huntingdon is for sure without a doubt a top quality program and strong in all aspects of the game, which Lions respect. BUT this year *WILL BE* Dresden's year to break through the' stronghold the mighty Mustangs have on them. And then with that confidence and self-awareness they enter playoffs as THE team to beat in 1A imo. Plus the sting of finally losing to Dresden may make Huntingdon play with that proverbial "chip on the shoulder" in playoffs and they go all the way to finals as well in 2A. Time will tell. GO LIONS! #1 ALL THE WAY! (:

I agree lots are picking you, some of them played mustangs when we were fumbling or juggling the football however we have changed our offensive allignment since then & they might not know thatif we'd still be doing that fumbling esp I'd say mustangs would get killed, however I think we'll win but we gotta play a perfect 4 quarter game.  Dresden is just like Milan they are ready for us work on conditioning all week stangs milan wore us down Dresden might be pumped up and ready.  I think thisll be one of the games of the week to be honest.

I think the Mustangs are the favorite in this game. Dresden let Gleason and Union City run all over us and Huntingdon has as good if not better running game. Just watched the McKenzie vs Huntingdon game and was impressed with the passing game of the stangs. Rebels did a good job stopping the run.

Dresden should be ready because this game means more to us than in the past. Should be a good one.

It interesting to see what those who have played both the Lions and Stangs say and predict. So far the edge goes to Dresden. But sometimes no matter how good a team is they face their bully-nemesis. The one person/team who owns them and who they can't beat. We all have had such experiences, I sure have. It happens in team sports as well. BUT... the moment one finally does beat their bully... oh wow.. you are never the same and have grown immensely in self respect and confidence. And I will stick by my bold assessment I made early on this year... only Dresden can beat Dresden. And methinks Lions win this week even if they hit on just six or seven cylinders. But if they get to messing up alot like they're prone to do (which may likely happen thanks to their hyped up emotions of facing their mighty nemesis and strong foes Huntingdon), Lions gonna be spanked again. Last year I would have pawned all I had and bet on Lions winning if I was a betting man.. ha, that would have been disasterous. Huntingdon is for sure without a doubt a top quality program and strong in all aspects of the game, which Lions respect. BUT this year *WILL BE* Dresden's year to break through the' stronghold the mighty Mustangs have on them. And then with that confidence and self-awareness they enter playoffs as THE team to beat in 1A imo. Plus the sting of finally losing to Dresden may make Huntingdon play with that proverbial "chip on the shoulder" in playoffs and they go all the way to finals as well in 2A. Time will tell. GO LIONS! #1 ALL THE WAY! (:

I don't think Dresden has lost the last 3 or 4 games because their intimidated. They lost because Huntingdon had the much better team. I think Huntingdon has the better team this year. Everybody's talking about the fr. qb. As a freshmen I can't see him being better than Hatchel was as a sr. And he could not get done.
  • Upvote 1

As a passer he is much better than Hatchel. His decision making is probably not where Hatchel's was as a senior. I have to agree with you about the last couple years, Huntingdon had a better team on the field than Dresden did. I can say this though, our coach has always worried more about the playoffs than he has the week 10 game. Last year he made our leading tackler sit and made our fastest player wear a knee brace because of field conditions and he didn't want him hurt before playoffs. I'm not making excuses because we got our butts kicked. This year we have much more riding on this game and we are healthy so I figure you will get our best shot.

I don't think this years Huntingdon's team is as good as the past couple years but I'm not sure we are either. Still think it's a much closer game. Turnovers will be the key, we cant have any!!!

Hatchel was a pretty good runner to. What was the qb before Hatchel? Think he was all state.

Dale Hutcherson, he is playing for Rhodes in Memphis. He was the last "throwing" style QB we had. Although Hatchel got pretty good at the end of the season.

Hutcherson's brother is our back up and also players reciever.

• Upvote 1

We definetly had the better team last 2 years in my opinion, not being biased or anything I just really think that.  I'm not as confident we are better this season but I do think we have a shot at winning.  Both teams having problems dresdens defense doesnt always do right and huntingdon has been fumbling a lot.  Huntingdon has fixed that but we need to work a little bit on conditioning.