CC and powell

hogdogger

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the rest of East Tennessee has put their two cents worth in on this topic, I think I will also.  I will try to be short and sweet.  As a Campbell County football alum, and long-time football coach, I saw something in the Oak Ridge game that I have NEVER seen from a CCHS team, and very seldom see from any high school team.  The Oak Ridge game was the only one that I have had the joy of seeing this year.  And it was a joy.  I have seen very few high school football teams that are so well coached.  I saw discipline, poise, and most of all, EFFORT!  That might be one of the best coaching staffs in the state.  The powers that be better break out their checkbooks because somebody will be coming after the Price twins.  Good teams often get lucky.  Great teams know that luck only happens "when preparation meets opportunity".  Very few penalties, good tackling, sound fundamentals, and confidence makes for a dangerous football program.  And from what I saw, Campbell County has all of that in their favor @ this time.  Good luck!