Riverdale won,Aydelott must be gone!

hardtackle

Ya , I was thinking that too , LOL  :mrgreen:

Hey I have always admitted our personalities clashed and it was just as much my fault as it was his. I always had to give it to him that he did know how to win though. My main conflict with him was his treatment of the players when it came to AFTER high school. I have always thought and said Coach A does that better also.

Hey I have always admitted our personalities clashed and it was just as much my fault as it was his. I always had to give it to him that he did know how to win though. My main conflict with him was his treatment of the players when it came to AFTER high school. I have always thought and said Coach A does that better also.

Rankin can be Abrasive ... I'll give you that . 

I think it is a travesty that you want to throw Ridge under the bus after Year 1! You say Gregory stunk up the joint.. They hire a guy that has had success give him a chance. Oh my bad, you want

Meadows... Because of a couple of good

seasons..

I haven't said he should be fired although i have to question him because this team was worse this year than it was under gregory.This is inexcusable because this team had more talent than any team gregory had! If Ridge turns it around next year all this goes away but if they don't I will say he needs to be fired. If he can't win next year we will know he isn't a good coach. Edited by Governors91

One season? You better check again. A couple of years ago he took us to 5-5 and missing the playoffs for the first time in 20+ years!

He started with a team that had been to the Gold Ball game 7 years straight. He inherited an O line that all went to playing Sat's. One of which started as a Freshman on the O line at Fla State. A team that regularly had 100+ players just on Varsity. Now we had maybe 70 TOTAL including the Freshmen he was starting on varsity because he NEVER planned for the next year his entire time here!

What did he do with the program? He has NEVER been to the Gold Ball game since he got here. He has lost to 3 teams in the County we had NEVER lost to. Some of which we were used to hanging 50+ points on regularly.

Riverdale has gone from a team that nobody wanted to play to being EVERYONES favorite Homecoming opponent.

BTW I noticed WB never wanted to schedule us until Rankin left and we got Coach A. What say

you about that?

Maybe you and me have different views of what a bad season is, I personally think 5-5 is a decent season, especially in 7AAA, the sec of tn hs football lmao. So coach A hasn't won any goldballs huh? That might have something to do with maryville being in your classification now.

No what I was trying to point out that when a coach lost like A has he got gone in 6 years. I hate to say it but A's record would not be nearly as good if he had inherited a bad team. He got one of the best in the state and turned it into a laughing stock of a program.

When he went 5-5 folks said give him another chance. Folks did and we got 4-6. What will it be next year? We going to be happy with just fielding a team?

Also spread Rankin's last 7 complete seasons to Coach A's 7 with us. That is a better comparison than total careers at R'dale.

The only thing funny about this whole thing is the laughs Coach Rankin must be getting with me defending his time here vs his replacement.

I added up Rankin's last 7 years at R'dale. He is 91-9. Coach A has more total losses in just 2 years than Rankin had in 7!

AFTER Coach A's 5-5 year we went 11-3. 9-4 and 13-1.  I guess he inherited a great 5-5 team?

Last seven of each?  Rankin 96-8    Coach 'A' 62-24

9 wins a year is pretty good for most places.   I guess not at Alabama?  Or Riverdale as far as you are concerned?

Regular season?   66-4 vs 51-19.   Not many schools go 66-4 over seven years.  I can name a couple.   Coach A?  51-19  Most schools would love to win 7 regular season games a year for seven years.  

To Recap, Coach A's 10-0 2007 was because he inherited Rankin's 2005 10-0 sophomore class.   His 2011 team that went 10-0 was because he managed to keep Rankin's 2005 10-0 freshman class somehow? 

Edited by davidlimbaugh

No what I was trying to point out that when a coach lost like A has he got gone in 6 years. I hate to say it but A's record would not be nearly as good if he had inherited a bad team. He got one of the best in the state and turned it into a laughing stock of a program.

When he went 5-5 folks said give him another chance. Folks did and we got 4-6. What will it be next year? We going to be happy with just fielding a team?

Also spread Rankin's last 7 complete seasons to Coach A's 7 with us. That is a better comparison than total careers at R'dale.

The only thing funny about this whole thing is the laughs Coach Rankin must be getting with me defending his time here vs his replacement.

I added up Rankin's last 7 years at R'dale. He is 91-9. Coach A has more total losses in just 2 years than Rankin had in 7!

You just gave the reason Rankin left. He saw the handwriting on the wall and got out of town. You don't get off the horse you know is going to win. You get off the one you know is going to lose. 

You just gave the reason Rankin left. He saw the handwriting on the wall and got out of town. You don't get off the horse you know is going to win. You get off the one you know is going to lose.

He left for his THIRD choice. He wanted to be able to get his Tn retirement and another Coaches salary as well. His first 'wish' was Valdosta, Ga. His second wish was Hoover, Ala. Both would have allowed for the double dipping. He took his third option after NOT getting either of his first two wishes.

You know much like you say Coach A is going for. Excuse me, that was Hardtickle that said he is going 'south'.

Only advice is I hope he has a signed contract before submitting his resignation.

As to the 'talent' being gone, how do you explain all of Coach A's wins then?

NO David I do not accept less than 15-0 every season. There was a time you did also. Now after a few seasons of 'Metro' ball, you have lowered your wishes for R'dale. Ask Maryville fans what they accept and expect EVERY season. ANY Coach that goes into a season expecting anything less than perfection usually winds up a LOSER!

Edited by Lost Old Dad

Coach A should be Coach of the Year! He has taken a very young team and found a way to win some big games at the end! This team will be back in the Playoffs soon. He is winning games without people like Gerald Griffin, Antron Peebles, Alvin Duke, Todd Howard, Ralph King, Dave Thomas, Erick Locke, Fernando Bryant, Larry Floyd, David Coppeans, I could go on and on! Everyone that knows anything about Riverdale Football knew this was a re-building year. I am proud of the way they came together and never quit!!

• Upvote 1

He left for his THIRD choice. He wanted to be able to get his Tn retirement and another Coaches salary as well. His first 'wish' was Valdosta, Ga. His second wish was Hoover, Ala. Both would have allowed for the double dipping. He took his third option after NOT getting either of his first two wishes.

You know much like you say Coach A is going for. Excuse me, that was Hardtickle that said he is going 'south'.

Only advice is I hope he has a signed contract before submitting his resignation.

As to the 'talent' being gone, how do you explain all of Coach A's wins then?

NO David I do not accept less than 15-0 every season. There was a time you did also. Now after a few seasons of 'Metro' ball, you have lowered your wishes for R'dale. Ask Maryville fans what they accept and expect EVERY season. ANY Coach that goes into a season expecting anything less than perfection usually winds up a LOSER!

The point is, Rankin got out of town because he saw where the train was headed. It doesnt matter if it was his 20th choice.

I said the talent is down, not gone. The previous coach leaving indicated it, the opening of new schools guaranteed it, and the more up and down of wins/losses prove it. You want to blame it only on the coach, and you look like a loud braying donkey with your one track loud mouth. 

And this statement right here "ANY Coach that goes into a season expecting anything less than perfection usually winds up a LOSER! " shows how little you know about coaching and football. You work toward it, but you really never expect it because it just doesn't exist. Only "fans" expect it, and generally look foolish in doing so.