Riverdale won,Aydelott must be gone!

hardtackle

No,what really happened is a very good coach with many wins continued to coach these young men and they have gotten better. Talent being down does not mean they can not play,just means that they are young and inexperienced playing at a 6A level. After 7 or 8 games they can now play and beat a very good team last Friday night.

Some places are just impossible situations for coaches to win and Riverdale is a prime example. When you're good you should do better. When you are bad you should be fired. When you win it's what's expected. Rankin knew this and he also knew that the additions of Blackman, Siegel, and Stewarts Creek would kill the powerhouse football programs in Rutherford County. It's not the "good ole days" of Riverdale, Oakland, Smyrna, and LaVergne. The schools have doubled since 2000. I thought Rankin would leave after the title in 2001. I thought for sure he'd leave after the title in 2003. After the 2005 semifinal loss to Oak Ridge he knew it was time. He made a wise decision and Alcoa has benefited greatly!

Some places are just impossible situations for coaches to win and Riverdale is a prime example. When you're good you should do better. When you are bad you should be fired. When you win it's what's expected. Rankin knew this and he also knew that the additions of Blackman, Siegel, and Stewarts Creek would kill the powerhouse football programs in Rutherford County. It's not the "good ole days" of Riverdale, Oakland, Smyrna, and LaVergne. The schools have doubled since 2000. I thought Rankin would leave after the title in 2001. I thought for sure he'd leave after the title in 2003. After the 2005 semifinal loss to Oak Ridge he knew it was time. He made a wise decision and Alcoa has benefited greatly!

I second that. They are two years removed from a semi-finals appearance and people are already calling for the coach's head, its ridiculous imo.

Where did all the haters go? LOD,where are you?

You and Swimmy can relax.  I'm still here.  Just ignoring BOTH of you.

The record this year speaks for itself.  3 wins and 6 losses.  With any math you want to use that is still TWICE as many losses as wins.

As to the WHY folks are calling for him to be GONE either by retirement or firing, it is because he gets lucky a couple of years while at the same time having a team that did NOT even make the playoffs in 20 or so years.  Then this year the first LOSING season in I don't know how many.

The talent is there.  This 'good' coach (In y'alls OPINION)  just does not know how to get them out for football anymore.  Add to the fact he does NOT know how to put together a winning staff.  Hows our defense look?

Winning against a team we NEVER lost to before him, is not much of an accomplishment.  Especially with all the injuries Siegel has right now.

Nothing on this board is plain old black and white when folks constantly insist on OPINION based reasoning.

Y'all have fun.  I would look for the moving van but he has not bothered to move HERE in the first place.

The record this year speaks for itself.  3 wins and 6 losses.  With any math you want to use that is still TWICE as many losses as wins.

As to the WHY folks are calling for him to be GONE either by retirement or firing, it is because he gets lucky a couple of years while at the same time having a team that did NOT even make the playoffs in 20 or so years.  Then this year the first LOSING season in I don't know how many.

The talent is there.  This 'good' coach (In y'alls OPINION)  just does not know how to get them out for football anymore.  Add to the fact he does NOT know how to put together a winning staff.  Hows our defense look?

Winning against a team we NEVER lost to before him, is not much of an accomplishment.  Especially with all the injuries Siegel has right now.

Nothing on this board is plain old black and white when folks constantly insist on OPINION based reasoning.

Y'all have fun.  I would look for the moving van but he has not bothered to move HERE in the first place.

So he outsmarted you by not moving to Rutherford county? And he gets to leave on his own terms? And all your bellyaching did not do anything but get him more firmly entrenched with the guy that actually makes coaching hiring and firing? No wonder you bad mouth him so much. He has beaten you at every turn. I wonder is he mentions you during his retirement speech and thanks you for the laughs and job security? 

No,ignoring would be not responding. Fact is you can not stand it that Riverdale actually beat a very good team. Injuries are a part of football, so do not use that excuse. As you have said preparation and depth comes with good coaching. No need to respond,you are ignoring me. 

Edited by hardtackle