Riverdale won,Aydelott must be gone!

hardtackle

Not it, but close.

While he may want to come there because his wife is cheerleader coach there, he has it better at Siegel.  Boosters have more money to give the program.   The booster money at R'dale has been driven off by the current head coach.

Somebody on the staff? You know the minute he steps down the boosters will step up. :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

Some places are just impossible situations for coaches to win and Riverdale is a prime example. When you're good you should do better. When you are bad you should be fired. When you win it's what's expected. Rankin knew this and he also knew that the additions of Blackman, Siegel, and Stewarts Creek would kill the powerhouse football programs in Rutherford County. It's not the "good ole days" of Riverdale, Oakland, Smyrna, and LaVergne. The schools have doubled since 2000. I thought Rankin would leave after the title in 2001. I thought for sure he'd leave after the title in 2003. After the 2005 semifinal loss to Oak Ridge he knew it was time. He made a wise decision and Alcoa has benefited greatly!

I have nothing against coach "A" or Riverdale, and am also not a "A" or Riverdale fan either.  Sort of neutral on this... but have to point out that Oakland lost a huge chunk of their zone to sea-gull and they still won a gold ball in 2008 and may win one again this year in spite of having a very predictable non-creative coach especially when it comes to offense. 

I have nothing against coach "A" or Riverdale, and am also not a "A" or Riverdale fan either.  Sort of neutral on this... but have to point out that Oakland lost a huge chunk of their zone to sea-gull and they still won a gold ball in 2008 and may win one again this year in spite of having a very predictable non-creative coach especially when it comes to offense. 

TRUE!!

So coaching has very little to do with winning? It is about players,good point.