Basketball (Chattanooga)

winning1

Lets get it Started , Howard, Central, Red Bank ,East Hamilton, Eastridge, Signal, Hixson, Tyner, Brainard, Ooltewah, Notre Dame, Grace, CSAS ,McCallie, Baylor, Hamilton Hieghts, Who is in the mixed for District and Region Champs. and who are the main player on each team.

"winning 1", you started this 3 months ago..what's your prediction for District's 5-A, 6-AA, 7-AA and 5-AAA since we are a week and a half away from the tournaments.

Several teams are much better now than they were at the beginning of November. The only prohibitive favorite(IMHO) is BoydB. The rest of the districts are a toss-up.

"winning 1", you started this 3 months ago..what's your prediction for District's 5-A, 6-AA, 7-AA and 5-AAA since we are a week and a half away from the tournaments.

Several teams are much better now than they were at the beginning of November. The only prohibitive favorite(IMHO) is BoydB. The rest of the districts are a toss-up.

Ya you are right, Boyd has done great, there a lot of "hard nose players" on that team, what really make them really good is there coach can coach his butt off, "East Ham". theres ya a coach. I still see Tyner 1 and Brainerd 2 Central can beat any team on any given night like I said at the start of the year, if they have all there starters on the court, the Owls are getting it together and playing much better, East Ridge is pretty darn good, But again Chattanooga Basketball is down, has a whole AA has some pretty good teams Tyner, Brainard, Central, East Ridge but outside of that  there only Boyd in A. Boyd can flat play and they play the game how it should be played. I been hard on Boyd but make no mistake they can put the ball in the hole and I am a fan. Central out played you guys (Tyner) at ya place, But I don' see it happening next time ya play them ,but I would be cautious, With Jmike back and putting up numbers, Tayron Play very well, Ryan playing well Long should be at 100% with that leg and not to forget the Tiller boys hard noise playing style it could be hard to beat this young team. Owls are really start to understand what it takes to win jmicheal leads the charge and has to be the beat defender in Chattanooga, with Ben and Firtz is Starting to understand his role more than trying to just score. Tyner is getting much better there leader are Sydik , Tree and Hardwick why Hardwick ain't starting is crazy unless he got into trouble, he is much better than the owls boy, and Devonte is doing better but need a lot of work just a set shooter, which in college it ain't going to fly. Baby K is just a beast he is not the most talent ball player but he plays hard ever play. And Tyner is well coached. E. Ham. is Awful, they have talent but there just lead very poorly, they have real good talent that is always put in a bad situations, You have a P/G that can score and you clog the middle, you have a big guy that your coaching style or lack of, don't allow him to be successful but he get good stats when ya lose. your coaches are trying to hard to get certain players points and good stats, instead of letting the team gel ,you have 5 great player let them work it out and ya just coach x/o, this team will be a lot better.  I feel real bad for this team I truly do. This is a team that should win 80 % of there games this year but has got worse has the year has gone on. E. Ham. will be has bad next year I see no growth. How do you have the most domanating Middle School team for the past 4 years and still suck. East Ridge is really coming along well I knew they would be in the top 4 teams, but a couple of the players are really stepping it up. Hixson is bad bad bad that all I can say another coaching change is needed. Red Bank seem to be getting better again there coaching is not that bad but not good either. Or the players are not listing to the coach. They have parents that need to step back and let the coaches do they job. Brainerd is good but not has good has I thought they would be.  They have that tall coach that worked at Tyner rec, that can train but cannot coach he give teams a since of entitlement and that earn not given.But Tipton and Orlando is great player , there P/G is not near has good has he thinks , he could be good but need to work harder, he has all the making of a small collage player but I don't see improvement from the start of the year. Brainerd head coach is doing better than I thought but still not what Brainerd needed. Mccallie is playing much better but not the Mccallie we are use to. Mccallie is doing good with the players they have they have. Baylor is not that good but can sneak up on you and beat you. CSAS is ok in A there p/g they need a p/g there p/g need a wake-up call, if they had a p/g they could be really good. Howard is awful , without Cujoe they might not win a game this year, much has I like T-Mac it is the truth, but they won't be down for long, I believe Moose retire this year and they get a new coach with some fire and they get back on track , if not they will be down again next year. Grace need a new coach to he has lost his will to win but he can coach just his fire is out. Silverdale has a good coach with fire he just has very little talent.  Lookout Valley is awful not much to say about them. Notre Dame is pretty bad Karrem is ok Tyler just don't have it. needs to work hard to get better, he has the body and everything but just not there. Berean Acadamy , I cannot believe I am even writing something on team, They are having there best season ever but just still not good at all. Signal Mountain is doing great with what they have, they play hard and never gives up. Chattanooga Christian is not that good and they should be much better. And lets not forget Hamilton Heights great team ,talented player, good kids, good coach,good leadership, headed in the right direction. Congrat to them.  Alway love talking basketball with "Tynerramfan"

At this point ...I will put my basketball GUARDS up against ANYBODY in this "REC LEAGUE" city!! lol

That funny but your Rec. league Guards would get smashed in AA. There 4 teams that are really coming together in AA,  Tyner, Brainard , Central and East ridge all will beat the brakes of of them, Tyner is fast but Central is Faster but young , Brainard is big with only two real players, Tipton and Orlando, East Ridge has Eddie and Kolby not much speed, The Owls have Speed with not much talent except Jamicheal and Ben and a lot of Athletes just not ball players. Ya are getting a lot better thou and could be scary.  IMO

That funny but your Rec. league Guards would get smashed in AA. There 4 teams that are really coming together in AA,  Tyner, Brainard , Central and East ridge all will beat the brakes of of them, Tyner is fast but Central is Faster but young , Brainard is big with only two real players, Tipton and Orlando, East Ridge has Eddie and Kolby not much speed, The Owls have Speed with not much talent except Jamicheal and Ben and a lot of Athletes just not ball players. Ya are getting a lot better thou and could be scary.  IMO

well too bad we don't have to face you double a's any time soon. . But we will beat the brakes off of you on the gridiron for sure. Good luck

well too bad we don't have to face you double a's any time soon. . But we will beat the brakes off of you on the gridiron for sure. Good luck

You ain't joking, ya would kill any AA team, the Owls are the S**t on the Gridiron my favor team around here by far, best coach , best players period. Can't wait to see them this season. 

Ya you are right, Boyd has done great, there a lot of "hard nose players" on that team, what really make them really good is there coach can coach his butt off, "East Ham". theres ya a coach. I still see Tyner 1 and Brainerd 2 Central can beat any team on any given night like I said at the start of the year, if they have all there starters on the court, the Owls are getting it together and playing much better, East Ridge is pretty darn good, But again Chattanooga Basketball is down, has a whole AA has some pretty good teams Tyner, Brainard, Central, East Ridge but outside of that  there only Boyd in A. Boyd can flat play and they play the game how it should be played. I been hard on Boyd but make no mistake they can put the ball in the hole and I am a fan. Central out played you guys (Tyner) at ya place, But I don' see it happening next time ya play them ,but I would be cautious, With Jmike back and putting up numbers, Tayron Play very well, Ryan playing well Long should be at 100% with that leg and not to forget the Tiller boys hard noise playing style it could be hard to beat this young team. Owls are really start to understand what it takes to win jmicheal leads the charge and has to be the beat defender in Chattanooga, with Ben and Firtz is Starting to understand his role more than trying to just score. Tyner is getting much better there leader are Sydik , Tree and Hardwick why Hardwick ain't starting is crazy unless he got into trouble, he is much better than the owls boy, and Devonte is doing better but need a lot of work just a set shooter, which in college it ain't going to fly. Baby K is just a beast he is not the most talent ball player but he plays hard ever play. And Tyner is well coached. E. Ham. is Awful, they have talent but there just lead very poorly, they have real good talent that is always put in a bad situations, You have a P/G that can score and you clog the middle, you have a big guy that your coaching style or lack of, don't allow him to be successful but he get good stats when ya lose. your coaches are trying to hard to get certain players points and good stats, instead of letting the team gel ,you have 5 great player let them work it out and ya just coach x/o, this team will be a lot better.  I feel real bad for this team I truly do. This is a team that should win 80 % of there games this year but has got worse has the year has gone on. E. Ham. will be has bad next year I see no growth. How do you have the most domanating Middle School team for the past 4 years and still suck. East Ridge is really coming along well I knew they would be in the top 4 teams, but a couple of the players are really stepping it up. Hixson is bad bad bad that all I can say another coaching change is needed. Red Bank seem to be getting better again there coaching is not that bad but not good either. Or the players are not listing to the coach. They have parents that need to step back and let the coaches do they job. Brainerd is good but not has good has I thought they would be.  They have that tall coach that worked at Tyner rec, that can train but cannot coach he give teams a since of entitlement and that earn not given.But Tipton and Orlando is great player , there P/G is not near has good has he thinks , he could be good but need to work harder, he has all the making of a small collage player but I don't see improvement from the start of the year. Brainerd head coach is doing better than I thought but still not what Brainerd needed. Mccallie is playing much better but not the Mccallie we are use to. Mccallie is doing good with the players they have they have. Baylor is not that good but can sneak up on you and beat you. CSAS is ok in A there p/g they need a p/g there p/g need a wake-up call, if they had a p/g they could be really good. Howard is awful , without Cujoe they might not win a game this year, much has I like T-Mac it is the truth, but they won't be down for long, I believe Moose retire this year and they get a new coach with some fire and they get back on track , if not they will be down again next year. Grace need a new coach to he has lost his will to win but he can coach just his fire is out. Silverdale has a good coach with fire he just has very little talent.  Lookout Valley is awful not much to say about them. Notre Dame is pretty bad Karrem is ok Tyler just don't have it. needs to work hard to get better, he has the body and everything but just not there. Berean Acadamy , I cannot believe I am even writing something on team, They are having there best season ever but just still not good at all. Signal Mountain is doing great with what they have, they play hard and never gives up. Chattanooga Christian is not that good and they should be much better. And lets not forget Hamilton Heights great team ,talented player, good kids, good coach,good leadership, headed in the right direction. Congrat to them.  Alway love talking basketball with "Tynerramfan"

A follow up on my story, E. Ham loses to Cleveland by 19 but beat Cleveland by 6 or 8 the first time they played, Folks thats a 30 point swing thats just awful, Seems they are getting worse and I believe E. Ham. will lose there last two games of the season maybe by 15 or more. Feel real bad for the seniors. Also Baylor beat Mccallie , this game is alway hard to call because the emotional ties the two schools have, If player could just play based on talent along the outcome of a lot of games would be different. Grace put it on Silverdale. Silverdale is rebuilding, Grace, just not the Grace they used to be 2006-2010. Boyd rolls past CSAS but was closer but Boyd eased up on them some, CSAS p/g struggled like I thought he would, Congrat to Walker for his 1000 carrier points, well deserved, a lot of sweat and tears. A lot of basketball being played next week to determine sitting for district.

A follow up on my story, E. Ham loses to Cleveland by 19 but beat Cleveland by 6 or 8 the first time they played, Folks thats a 30 point swing thats just awful, Seems they are getting worse and I believe E. Ham. will lose there last two games of the season maybe by 15 or more. Feel real bad for the seniors. Also Baylor beat Mccallie , this game is alway hard to call because the emotional ties the two schools have, If player could just play based on talent along the outcome of a lot of games would be different. Grace put it on Silverdale. Silverdale is rebuilding, Grace, just not the Grace they used to be 2006-2010. Boyd rolls past CSAS but was closer but Boyd eased up on them some, CSAS p/g struggled like I thought he would, Congrat to Walker for his 1000 carrier points, well deserved, a lot of sweat and tears. A lot of basketball being played next week to determine sitting for district.

I was at the EHam/Cleveland game and I thought the 'Canes would pull the upset..only 30-29 at the half..Raiders smoked them in the 3rd quarter..'Canes made no adjustments after halftime!!

I was at the EHam/Cleveland game and I thought the 'Canes would pull the upset..only 30-29 at the half..Raiders smoked them in the 3rd quarter..'Canes made no adjustments after halftime!!

Do you or do you not agree about my assessment of the coaching at E. Ham. that a perfect example of the coaching  not adjusting,  at all they don't know how to.