Cherokee @ Anderson County 1st round

Mav4life

#8 Cherokee travels to #1 Anderson County for the first round of the playoffs.  I do not know much about Cherokee this season so maybe some of their fans can let us know some of their stats, and who to watch.

According to M A X P R E P S:

Record:

AC: 9-1/7-1    Cherokee: 5-5/4-3

Standings, these are prior to This weeks games:

Nationally:

AC: 1,120      Cherokee: 4,197

State:

AC 30            Cherokee: 119

5A:

AC 6 (AP# 3)    Cherokee: 23

Points Scored/Allowed:

AC 429/215 (43-22)   Cherokee: 307-276 (31-28)

My pick:

AC: 55, Cherokee 28

I've come to rely on M4L for interesting facts! Cherokee fans, tell us some things about your team. How well do Cherokee fans travel?

From the looks of it they can score points according to their record, here are their wins:

Mo. West 43-35 (4-6)

Volunteer 47-20 (1-9)

c o c k Co. 49-36 (1-9)

Seymore 33-8 (2-8)

Jefferson County 17-7 (4-6)

but the one that jumps out at me is they beat Jefferson County 17-7 3 weeks ago and are on a 3 gam winning streak, I thought Jefferson County was better than their record had showed, they beat Central 32-20 first game of the season.  One thing is that Cherokee has not beaten anyone this season that ended the year with .500 or more wins and the combined record of opponents they have beaten is 12-38.  Hopefully some of their fans will enter this conversation, I would hate to have this week being nothing but us talking LOL.

Edited by Mav4life

Mav we can talk about how many rushing yards both Cottrell and Fox will put up this week in their respective games. B)

Works for me, but hopefully they will not have to have but a handful of carries to put this game behind them.  What are Cottrells updated stats not?  Fox had 268 yards Friday night on 28 carries against a very big and physical OR team, that OR team is a lot better now than they were at the beginning of the year, they just may surprise quad 2.  Anyway, if I have my numbers right after Friday night here are Fox's up to dates, you cant go by what the sentinel has as they are missing the stats for 1 game, I think its the Gibbs game, and that was confirmed to me earlier in the year by Smithy himself:

Matt Fox:

193 carries for 2,216 yards and 26 TD's

That's 11.5 yards per carry

19.3 carries per game

222 yards per game

2.6 TD's per game

A TD every 7.4 carries

Works for me, but hopefully they will not have to have but a handful of carries to put this game behind them.  What are Cottrells updated stats not?  Fox had 268 yards Friday night on 28 carries against a very big and physical OR team, that OR team is a lot better now than they were at the beginning of the year, they just may surprise quad 2.  Anyway, if I have my numbers right after Friday night here are Fox's up to dates, you cant go by what the sentinel has as they are missing the stats for 1 game, I think its the Gibbs game, and that was confirmed to me earlier in the year by Smithy himself:

Matt Fox:

19.3 carries per game

222 yards per game

2.6 TD's per game

A TD every 7.4 carries

Not sure what he finished up with last night on the ground, but he had 200 total yards highlighted by a 98 yard TD Kickoff return. He didn't play the entire 4th quarter either...I do know he is well over 2000 all purpose yards.

Fox is very impressive on the field and with those stats...does he have any offers?

Matt Fox:

19.3 carries per game

222 yards per game

2.6 TD's per game

A TD every 7.4 carries

Not sure what he finished up with last night on the ground, but he had 200 total yards highlighted by a 98 yard TD Kickoff return. He didn't play the entire 4th quarter either...I do know he is well over 2000 all purpose yards.

Fox is very impressive on the field and with those stats...does he have any offers?

Im not sure, he is a JR.  You would think he would start getting some looks, but I have not heard. 

AC should be and will be a huge favorite in this game. One fact that should not be overlooked is that with the exception of the Sevier Co game the Chiefs lost the othe 4 games by a total of 10 points. You could probably say we don't finish well, those losses were all in the last few seconds of the game.

AC should be and will be a huge favorite in this game. One fact that should not be overlooked is that with the exception of the Sevier Co game the Chiefs lost the othe 4 games by a total of 10 points. You could probably say we don't finish well, those losses were all in the last few seconds of the game.

This will be interesting to research. Mav4 has video I need to review. This game might be rougher then the Mavs are expecting.

This will be interesting to research. Mav4 has video I need to review. This game might be rougher then the Mavs are expecting.

Wish I could have found more, if anyone does please post it.  This game I do believe will be tuffer than what people might think.  I would put them in a Central/Gibbs category, better not sleep on them, out of their 5 losses 3 of those teams finished 9-1:

9-1 Sullivan South 38-35

9-1 Morristown West 23-20

9-1 Seveir County 56-14

6-4 South Doyle 31-28

4-6 Daniel Boone 22-21

This Cherokee team was very close to being 9-1 themselves.  You could be looking at a team that has just caught some bad break and the ball bounced the other way, they were 6 point away from beating 2 9-1 teams, we better be ready.

Wish I could have found more, if anyone does please post it.  This game I do believe will be tuffer than what people might think.  I would put them in a Central/Gibbs category, better not sleep on them, out of their 5 losses 3 of those teams finished 9-1:

9-1 Sullivan South 38-35

9-1 Morristown West 23-20

9-1 Seveir County 56-14

6-4 South Doyle 31-28

4-6 Daniel Boone 22-21

This Cherokee team was very close to being 9-1 themselves.  You could be looking at a team that has just caught some bad break and the ball bounced the other way, they were 6 point away from beating 2 9-1 teams, we better be ready.

Wow Mav4 you have some wonderful stats! I looking at these teams now. Fantastic job!