Cherokee @ Anderson County 1st round

Mav4life

Anderson County will be around until the Quarterfinals when They will lose to Knox-West.

I am truly confident in playing West but what really concerns me is the path to West. Any of these high seeded teams are capable of an upset. I would rather have played West first then had the less likely teams near the state final. This being it sometimes hard to get players excited about these games and the risk of injury. That being said I am not sure West is ready for the Mavs explosive offense and the D is now clicking; we are peaking at the right time. Now is the time we should be playing West.

I am truly confident in playing West but what really concerns me is the path to West. Any of these high seeded teams are capable of an upset. I would rather have played West first then had the less likely teams near the state final. This being it sometimes hard to get players excited about these games and the risk of injury. That being said I am not sure West is ready for the Mavs explosive offense and the D is now clicking; we are peaking at the right time. Now is the time we should be playing West.

Agreed! West isn't ready! They haven't played anybody this year that is a worthy opponent. Exception being Maryville who crushed them....They have not been tested... AC by 10 if West gets by DC and the winner of CC/Gibbs... District 3AAA is the best in East TN...My prediction is West would finish between 3-5 in this great district... Just an opinion tho

Agreed! West isn't ready! They haven't played anybody this year that is a worthy opponent. Exception being Maryville who crushed them....They have not been tested... AC by 10 if West gets by DC and the winner of CC/Gibbs... District 3AAA is the best in East TN...My prediction is West would finish between 3-5 in this great district... Just an opinion tho

It must be fun living in your World! :D

I agree, West is probably the team to beat, but we need to worry about the game ahead first, this kind of thinking is why teams get upset...This Cherokee team is very close to being 9-1 themselves with losses to 3 9-1 teams, 1 6-4 and one 4-6 with 4 of those losses being by a combined 10 points.  They will be ready coming into AC on Friday, we better have out minds right.

My thoughts, too, Dragon.  Scratching my head on the "West hasn't played a worthy opponent" line.  I'm a 3AAA guy, but our district wasn't anywhere near 4AAA in terms of top to bottom strength this year.  AC is a really good football team, but West is as well.  If we see that game it should be well worth the price of admission to see a Fox vs. Cottrell match up for the casual fan.  Heck, I might even venture up that way and have dinner at Golden Girls and see that one for myself if it happens. 

Based on those stats it looks like Cherokee plays almost everybody both ways.  There's atleast 8 guys that are among their leading rushers/receivers and the same 8 are among the leaders in tackles. 

I caught that as well...but AC also plays a few both ways, just not the QB or RB so maybe they will be a little more fresh than the others, Fox seems to get better as the game goes and that may just be why.