Cherokee @ Anderson County 1st round

Mav4life

My thoughts, too, Dragon. Scratching my head on the "West hasn't played a worthy opponent" line. I'm a 3AAA guy, but our district wasn't anywhere near 4AAA in terms of top to bottom strength this year. AC is a really good football team, but West is as well. If we see that game it should be well worth the price of admission to see a Fox vs. Cottrell match up for the casual fan. Heck, I might even venture up that way and have dinner at Golden Girls and see that one for myself if it happens.

Fox is clearly the better runner between the two.. He might even be a touch faster. Fox has got that toughness about him that Cotrell nor #32 have for West. OL wise.. AC gets the nod. WR wise...AC gets the nod... QB wise... AC has the better passer but West has the better runner... Truthfully this game might just come down to defense and I truthfully think AC is better up front and in the middle... Exception #40 for West...DB wise West might hold the advantage but not by much... Just an opinion tho... AC still by 24 against Cherokee

Fox is clearly the better runner between the two.. He might even be a touch faster. Fox has got that toughness about him that Cotrell nor #32 have for West. OL wise.. AC gets the nod. WR wise...AC gets the nod... QB wise... AC has the better passer but West has the better runner... Truthfully this game might just come down to defense and I truthfully think AC is better up front and in the middle... Exception #40 for West...DB wise West might hold the advantage but not by much... Just an opinion tho... AC still by 24 against Cherokee

I can agree with most of that, but I would have to give West a little more of an edge than not by much when it comes to the DB's.  I think Hicks running ability is better than most people give him credit for, he gets overshadowed a little by Fox's ability, I mean think about it, you have a running back with over 2,000 yards in the regular season and the QB is still able to muster right around 900 on the ground, West may have the better running QB, but I think the combination of Hicks and Fox is deadly.  Plus if Fox was not there than I think Hicks ends the regular season around 1,500 rushing which is not to shabby.  West is very good on Defense and has always been very aggressive and made plays, that will be their strength throughout the playoffs.  AC has their hands full over the next 2 weeks to be thinking about West, if we do not bring our A game over the next 2 games we will not be lucky enough to see West come the 3rd round, plus I am hoping maybe CC upsets them next week, I would love to see a AC vs. CC quarterfinal game, that would be awesome!!!