Round 1 Greeneville vs. Grainger

DevilMan03

What's the point? A route is a route! I guess they wanted to outdo Fulton, lol!

We have just slightly more class then they do. We were up 62-0 with 4 mins left on 9-0 carter and only won the game 69-0, but that is niether here nor there hoping for an injury free game for both teams. goodluck until round 3 that is :roflol:  :roflol: :roflol:  

If ballard called a timeout with a minute left up 63-7, than that was not a classy act at all. It does not matter if the middle school team was playing.

thats your opinion and you are entitled to it , just because he called a timeout this a sin ? he is a coach and working with the younger freshman and sophmores just giving them  a chance to make a play i guarantee that coach ballad was not running up the score he was giving a kid a chance to do make a play . i know if it were one of my sons i would have come out of the stands to watch him score a TD !

thats your opinion and you are entitled to it , just because he called a timeout this a sin ? he is a coach and working with the younger freshman and sophmores just giving them  a chance to make a play i guarantee that coach ballad was not running up the score he was giving a kid a chance to do make a play . i know if it were one of my sons i would have come out of the stands to watch him score a TD !

I agree I would want my son to score as well, but there are two sides to every story. If my son was on the grainger team I would be highly upset with the timeout. It does not matter to me at all honestly because i believe in playing full speed no matter who is in until the fat lady sings. But from the outside looking in the timeout with a minute left up by 8 tds does not show much class. If Greeneville scores without the timeout than its perfectly fine with me. But like I said I have no dog in the fight and I am looking forward to this seasons playoffs.

I agree I would want my son to score as well, but there are two sides to every story. If my son was on the grainger team I would be highly upset with the timeout. It does not matter to me at all honestly because i believe in playing full speed no matter who is in until the fat lady sings. But from the outside looking in the timeout with a minute left up by 8 tds does not show much class. If Greeneville scores without the timeout than its perfectly fine with me. But like I said I have no dog in the fight and I am looking forward to this seasons playoffs.

If little Johnny gets his feelings hurt he probably shouldn't be playing football. Where do we draw the line? Like it or not T$$AS  created the inequality and coaches have to find a way to balance building with the mercy rule. Sometimes you just have to do what's best for YOUR kids.

If little Johnny gets his feelings hurt he probably shouldn't be playing football. Where do we draw the line? Like it or not T$$AS created the inequality and coaches have to find a way to balance building with the mercy rule. Sometimes you just have to do what's best for YOUR kids.

please explain to me on how calling a timeout with a minute left up by 56 points is whats best???

please explain to me on how calling a timeout with a minute left up by 56 points is whats best???

I have to agree if this happened it was not right no matter what the excuse. At that point you take a knee and get to the locker room. They are paid to coach and also to teach these guys how to be respectful men. You don't kick someone when there down.

please explain to me on how calling a timeout with a minute left up by 56 points is whats best?

How does a coach correct performance issues with a running clock without calling timeout? How do young players get better without game experience /coaching. Both Fulton and Greeneville are going into post season without much second half experience. Is that best? Maybe 'ol "behindthechains" would have preferred Ballard leave his starters in up 60+. So now we expect coaches to sub freshmen in late in these games and not  coach them? 

How does a coach correct performance issues with a running clock without calling timeout? How do young players get better without game experience /coaching. Both Fulton and Greeneville are going into post season without much second half experience. Is that best? Maybe 'ol "behindthechains" would have preferred Ballard leave his starters in up 60+. So now we expect coaches to sub freshmen in late in these games and not coach them?

Wow... is that the best excuse you can come up with. Just accept the fact that this was a classless act. You correct mistakes in film not by calling a timeout with a minute left. No offense to grainger but what experience can you really get against them with a minute left that you can't get in practice? Seriously.

Greeneville administrators recognized the inequalities in the BRAC when the z-plan was implemented and requested a move to region 1 which would have been much more competitive. Why are they then being expected to dumb down their game? This problem was created by T$$AA and until they address the overall lack of competitiveness, particularly in AA, it is going to be a touchy topic. 

May I step in....Barb, you are telling me that Freshmen were playing when they scored the last touchdown? Did they drive the length of the field? What set up the score? You know what I think about teams running the scores up. I'm kind of siding with FHS. The sad thing is that Fulton is just as guilty as Greeneville.

Wow... is that the best excuse you can come up with. Just accept the fact that this was a classless act. You correct mistakes in film not by calling a timeout with a minute left. No offense to grainger but what experience can you really get against them with a minute left that you can't get in practice? Seriously.

Man y'all are judging a man's class based on a game you didn't see reported by someone who joined coacht today just to gripe about it. I'm at least giving the man the benefit of the doubt. I know him to be a man of character who has guided young men in Greeneville for more than a decade.

May I step in....Barb, you are telling me that Freshmen were playing when they scored the last touchdown? Did they drive the length of the field? What set up the score? You know what I think about teams running the scores up. I'm kind of siding with FHS. The sad thing is that Fulton is just as guilty as Greeneville.

In what manner? we have not ran up the score once all season. I say 85 percent of our points this season came within the 1st 2.5 quarters. We do not call timeouts or anything. And I never said ballard had no class I just called this one act classless. I know little to nothing about the man's character.