(6) Farragut @ (3) Science Hill - 6A Playoffs Round 1

voltnh

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing both teams play and having traveled from Knoxville to science hill to play I have to take science hill on this one. Even though it's a playoff game it's very hard to get off the bus after a two hour drive and get focused to play. Skill wise both teams have good players and match up well with eachother. I give this one to science hill because of home field advantage. It will be close though.

I don't think the travel will effect Farragut that much. Coach Courtney always has one or two long trips per year, so the players are used to it. Farragut is playing fairly well right now despite the meltdown against Maryville this past Friday. Hopefully our senior qb will be back next week and the injury to our #2 RB isn't serious. I don't know anything about Science Hill, and Farragut hasn't played them in a number of years. I'll be doing some homework to try and find out some things about them to see how the Admirals stack up against them.

I don't think the travel will effect Farragut that much. Coach Courtney always has one or two long trips per year, so the players are used to it. Farragut is playing fairly well right now despite the meltdown against Maryville this past Friday. Hopefully our senior qb will be back next week and the injury to our #2 RB isn't serious. I don't know anything about Science Hill, and Farragut hasn't played them in a number of years. I'll be doing some homework to try and find out some things about them to see how the Admirals stack up against them.

I saw Farragut play early at DB and have been to all of SH's games.  SH when healthy is much more athletic than Farragut.  I could not understand your coaches against DB and why they would not feed the ball to 2 on every down.  He's a good back that can hurt SH as defending the run is not SH's strong point.  Your D gives up big plays which is SH's strong point.  That makes it a bad matchup for you guys.  Should be an interesting game.

To compare Farragut's game vs DB to SH's game vs DB isn't really fair. Farragut played DB week 0 and SH played DB week 10. All Farragut had to go on was a couple of scrimmage tapes whereas SH had a whole seasons worth of tape on DB. If I understand correctly SH has a very mobile qb which has given Farragut trouble in the past (last Friday particularly ). The fact that SH runs a spread should help Farragut's defense, as they won't be seeing something they haven't seen a lot. If Farragut's injury situation straightens itself out I like their chances.

If memory serves, these two teams haven't met since a first round playoff game several years which Farragut one by a few touchdowns.  

Farragut has a strong winning tradition and Science Hill is still building a winning program.  A big brick of that process (not to steal anything from some college team) was put in place with the win over DB last Friday.  For SH, it's time to take the next step and start winning in the playoffs.  No time like the present.

It seems looking at their schedule they faced some pretty stiff competition, yet beat who they were supposed to, and lost to who they were supposed to, putting up some impressive offensive stats along the way. McGue was injured at some point later in the season, is he fully 100%?

McGue went out in the 1st quarter of the game against Brentwood Academy. He was out about 4 weeks with a high ankle sprain. He returned healthy a few weeks ago but apparently popped his shoulder out of place during practice last week. However, he did still play against DB on Friday night and looked fine from what I could tell. In yesterday's paper, he said he was in some pain but told the coaches he wasn't sitting out the game. Sounds like the shoulder is sore but that he's just going to continue to play through it. Like I said, you would've never known he was nursing an injury Friday night if someone didn't tell you. He played like he's 100%.

Edited by AlumnI01