(6) Farragut @ (3) Science Hill - 6A Playoffs Round 1

voltnh

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Siegel beat science hill 64-38 I believe, at the time Siegel was 2-2 and science hill was 4-0 I think. With that said, I don't have really any clue about Farragut but I say science hill wins 48-28 with McGee having a huge game

Science Hill moved the ball pretty well against Siegel, but forced passes led to turnovers. SH also couldn't stop Siegel's big play ability.  If SH didn't have the turnovers, it would have been a closer game, but Siegel would still have one...SH was prepared on defense to stop Siegel at that point in the season and Siegel was the better team.

Science Hill moved the ball pretty well against Siegel, but forced passes led to turnovers. SH also couldn't stop Siegel's big play ability.  If SH didn't have the turnovers, it would have been a closer game, but Siegel would still have one...SH was prepared on defense to stop Siegel at that point in the season and Siegel was the better team.

This. SH's secondary has improved significantly since that game. That particular unit played awful against Siegel, giving up big play after big play.

Does anyone have an update on McGue's shoulder?

Edited by AlumnI01

Good luck Toppers!  This SHHS Topper team has grow up a lot this season.  They will have placed the DB win on the horizon behind them and will be ready for the Admirals Friday.  Unless the ship implodes from the helm (you know), the Topper clipper ship is certainly catching a nice tailwind as they sail into the future.

STARPOWER, Science Hill has traditionally not filled their stands regularly nor traveled well either...actually they travel very poorly.  So don't feel like da Lone Ranger.  This playoff game could be an acception; the house could be packed.  TBD.  As my previous post said, if they are able to maintain their momentum, the future looks bright for the Toppers...and their attendence.  I do know one game that will be packed in '14. ;)   Or is it a band competition? :twisted:

STARPOWER, Science Hill has traditionally not filled their stands regularly nor traveled well either...actually they travel very poorly.  So don't feel like da Lone Ranger.  This playoff game could be an acception; the house could be packed.  TBD.  As my previous post said, if they are able to maintain their momentum, the future looks bright for the Toppers...and their attendence.  I do know one game that will be packed in '14. ;)   Or is it a band competition? :twisted:

This is true. The only game SH fans regularly come out for is the DB game. The Topper student section was about the same size as the Indians last Friday night and they were a factor. You could tell the SH team was feeding off the energy from them, especially in that 4th quarter. I could be wrong but I believe there will be a big home crowd at Kermit Tipton this week. 

This is true. The only game SH fans regularly come out for is the DB game. The Topper student section was about the same size as the Indians last Friday night and they were a factor. You could tell the SH team was feeding off the energy from them, especially in that 4th quarter. I could be wrong but I believe there will be a big home crowd at Kermit Tipton this week.

SH fans have a reputation for showing up late. Midway through the 1sr quarter though, the home side is pretty much full. At least that is my experience. Of course, there will be a smaller crowd for a game against Central or Volunteer, or if the game is during fall break.

The same thing happens at DB...I remember looking over to the DB stands (still without the upper deck) 5 minutes before kickoff and thinking "where the heck is everyone?" Of course, the place was packed a few minutes later.

The more this team wins, the more fans will come out and will travel with the team.

SH fans have a reputation for showing up late. Midway through the 1sr quarter though, the home side is pretty much full. At least that is my experience. Of course, there will be a smaller crowd for a game against Central or Volunteer, or if the game is during fall break.

The same thing happens at DB...I remember looking over to the DB stands (still without the upper deck) 5 minutes before kickoff and thinking "where the heck is everyone?" Of course, the place was packed a few minutes later.

The more this team wins, the more fans will come out and will travel with the team.

I think that all but around 100 seats on D-B's home side were sold as season tickets this year so with reserved seats there is no reason for Indian fans to get there early.