Round 1 Jackson North Side @ Covington rematch

CHARGERFAN

DHS and Believe have no idea what they are talking about, so I wouldn't take stock in what either one of them are saying!!!

That never stopped any of us on a message board. We all post as if we know what is happening. It just comes with the territory.

I do the same thing. Bring it on, all comments are welcome.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NS D did well against our rush attack for 2 quarters...then u lost ur big boy up front and that apparently has destroyed the indian D line

fill us in pls

NS shut down Lib for 3 Qtrs! They had 75 yards of total offense going into 4th. Got 76 on the 18 play scoring drive and 23 yards on last short field scoring drive. That's 174 yards on 12 possessions of total offense on the night! The big boy doesn't play defense.

NS shut down Lib for 3 Qtrs! They had 75 yards of total offense going into 4th. Got 76 on the 18 play scoring drive and 23 yards on last short field scoring drive. That's 174 yards on 12 possessions of total offense on the night! The big boy doesn't play defense.

indeed...ur issue is that covington doesnt have a freshman qb throwing the ball...in fact...i doubt they throw the ball at all

we threw the ball more against NS than we have prolly every other game combined this year...and i dont have a clue why...especially since he kept throwing into coverage and ur guys were jumping routes left and right tippin balls and pickin them off

as far as him not playing D...that was stated...of course it sure looked like we were on offense...our D may have had just as many yards as our O...

Edited by dhstennis

You are right, in that Covington will not throw the ball much. If we pass over 2 or 3 times it is a sign that things are not going well for us. Our wing-t running game is the bread-and-butter of our squad. Norfolk up the middle and Foster and Smith on the edges are what we want to do.

We would like to have 300 to 400 yards rushing and maybe 2 pass completions. If Northside can stop the run, we will be confused.

Brighton did stop our run, but they had a 360# defensive lineman who can sign with Alabama or LSU or whoever he wants. Brighton did beat us handily, as they say. 

Dyer County did not stop our running game, but they moved the ball on us and we got impatient and tried to pass. They intercepted us several times and beat us that way. I don;t expect us to make that mistake again unless we are desperate.  

Maybe Liberty threw the ball cause they couldn't run it!!! As far as jumping routes, it wasn't the Qb's fault. Liberty only throws like 3 routes so jumping them should be expected.

throwing the ball incomplete on 1st down ruins the run game...had we run the ball on 1st down maybe things would have been different

as far as us only throwing 3 routes...i remember NS once had a freshman qb...hmm...good thing we had a bye a few weeks ago so we could work on those things...too bad u wont get to see it this season

You are right, in that Covington will not throw the ball much. If we pass over 2 or 3 times it is a sign that things are not going well for us. Our wing-t running game is the bread-and-butter of our squad. Norfolk up the middle and Foster and Smith on the edges are what we want to do.

We would like to have 300 to 400 yards rushing and maybe 2 pass completions. If Northside can stop the run, we will be confused.

Brighton did stop our run, but they had a 360# defensive lineman who can sign with Alabama or LSU or whoever he wants. Brighton did beat us handily, as they say. 

Dyer County did not stop our running game, but they moved the ball on us and we got impatient and tried to pass. They intercepted us several times and beat us that way. I don;t expect us to make that mistake again unless we are desperate.  

covington just needs to stay patient...NS does not have the explosion on offense to blow the chargers off the field...a solid consistent offensive gameplan will win u the game...turnovers are the indians only hope of taking u down

and the chargers are at home...and we know how those flags go dont we lol