Cookeville vs. Sevier County

ripzip11

That is not close to accurate...at all...  When you are talking 40 yards, the difference in a 4.69 and a sub 4.5 is big.    

So the article says 3... guy said 10-15..  again not close to accurate.   

Can we just stop kidding ourselves here?  You Bears fans are trying to tell us you are fast for a high school team.  Ok, Noted, check, .   But there is no way.... and I repeat, no way you have 10 kids that run a sub 4.5 forty.  

And this redskin guy can chill out too... 

4.69 and 4.5 is a big difference but if you have a team full of 4.69s that makes your team purty durn quick overall.

Stopwatch times arent very accurate but I've seen SC play a couple times and couldn't tell you if they ran a 4.4 or a 4.7 but they have great game speed and more than 3 or 4 of em can run off and leave people at any time.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alumn, Actually sir, if you read the original post it says 10-15 guys that run in the 4.5's with a few that run 4.4 If I read it correctly.  That means 4.59 or faster.  The difference between running 4.59 and 4.69 is 0.1 and a few is around 3 which is exactly what the article said.  I understood him as saying 10-15 at 4.5's or faster which is only 0.1 off what the article in the Mountain Press said.  I am not saying anything more or anything less.

Shoot, all us Sevierville boys can run!  Even fat ones like me! Seriously tho,  SC has a great deal of team speed, whether they all run 4.69 or 4.49, they have several kids that can run!  Their 4x100 and 4x200 relay teams have had very good showing at the state track meet the last few years and all those boys play football.  Take it however you want to, but SC can flat run! 

Edited by Radioanalyst

Why was #71 for Sevier County not used at DT? He was probably the best D lineman I had seen coming up the feeder system and was considerably better at tackling than blocking. He was a natural. SC could use a stiffer D. I'd be surprised if he isn't one of the physically strongest players for coach Brewer. Looks like he weighs around 230lbs but much stronger than his size IMO and has a motor. SC has a class program and coach.

Now there are different levels of fast. Are we talking guys that run like a 4.7 or 4.8 or are we talking about guys that run like a 4.5 or 4.4.  Sevier County is considered a pretty fast team around here and they have about 10-15 guys that run 4.5 or faster with a few in the 4.4 range.  They have a very good offense that when clicking is hard to defend but their defense is not very good against the run game.  They defend the pass well but no has had to rely on their passing game because of their ease running the ball.  Sounds like it could be a good ball game. I am going to say SC wins in a nail bitter 3-2.  Just kidding, SC 56 to probably around 35 or 40 depending on how good the Cookeville offense runs the ball.

Actually, VolNavy, sir.... read the post that got it started.   He says, and I quote "10-15 guys that run 4.5 or faster"   which means 4.5 or LESS.    So , sir, if you want to get technical, sir, I believe you are the incorrect one here.  There is no 's' on the end of 4.5 so you can not infer that he means 4.59 or less.. thank you, and good night now. 

Actually, VolNavy, sir.... read the post that got it started. He says, and I quote "10-15 guys that run 4.5 or faster" which means 4.5 or LESS. So , sir, if you want to get technical, sir, I believe you are the incorrect one here. There is no 's' on the end of 4.5 so you can not infer that he means 4.59 or less.. thank you, and good night now.

+1

Why was #71 for Sevier County not used at DT? He was probably the best D lineman I had seen coming up the feeder system and was considerably better at tackling than blocking. He was a natural. SC could use a stiffer D. I'd be surprised if he isn't one of the physically strongest players for coach Brewer. Looks like he weighs around 230lbs but much stronger than his size IMO and has a motor. SC has a class program and coach.

How many guys play both ways at maryville pancake? I would assume playing the lineman or anybody for that matter both ways is just not how they think they can win it all in 6a.

GoBears!!

Well I apologize for using a term of respect by calling you sir. I had no idea you would turn it around like that. In my day, sir was nothing more than a term of reapect which I thought would be returned with respect but I was wrong. You can take the quote as you wish and I will take it as I wish.

GO VOLS

How many guys play both ways at maryville pancake? I would assume playing the lineman or anybody for that matter both ways is just not how they think they can win it all in 6a.

GoBears!!

They play one way but practice all season as a backup on the other side of the ball as insurance. Correct, can't win in 6A playing both sides all game. Smaller schools and teams in lower classifications don't realize this I think. My question was why did #71 who dominated at DT in the SC feeder system end up on the o line?

They play one way but practice all season as a backup on the other side of the ball as insurance. Correct, can't win in 6A playing both sides all game. Smaller schools and teams in lower classifications don't realize this I think. My question was why did #71 who dominated at DT in the SC feeder system end up on the o line?

I have no idea. He does get most of the pancakes.

GoBears!!