Sullivan South vs Carter

barb

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And y'all think they will beat Sullivan South? I don't think so. South has a very good QB. South just played conservative against E-town and E-town had something to prove!

Surely you don't think Sullivan South is on Fulton's level? You can't compare Carter's loss to Fulton with your match up with the Hornets? My guess is Sullivan South doesn't see the athletes that Carter has. There's a reason Knoxville area teams go to state almost every year.

And y'all think they will beat Sullivan South? I don't think so. South has a very good QB. South just played conservative against E-town and E-town had something to prove!

So with home field advantage on the line and possible number 2 seed, you're telling us Sullivan South changed their style of play? Don't make sense. I felt Elizabethton played the tougher schedule and was the better team. Grant it I know very little of either team but it appeared that Betsy played better teams based in their opponents win-loss record. Now I could be wrong and I will be the first to admit it, but I don't see Carter losing this game. Too much speed and very well coached.

I seem to recall South usually has a pretty stout defense. How will they handle Carter's passing game? I mean will they get enough pressure on the qb?

Carter is better then most people think.

I went down fri night to watch the fulton and carter game and while fulton looked very good carter looked too one-dimensional they passed the ball 3 out of  4 downs , fulton scored mostly on carter's miscues . carter had several fumbles in the first half and a couple of int's that were on their side of the field which made a short field for fulton .  I have'nt seen sully play but they should be able to handle carter if they can defend the pass they like to throw it long  alot . carters defense could not play with fultons speed they had too much on the corners.  if sully can run the ball and contain the pass they should win this one.

So with home field advantage on the line and possible number 2 seed, you're telling us Sullivan South changed their style of play? Don't make sense. I felt Elizabethton played the tougher schedule and was the better team. Grant it I know very little of either team but it appeared that Betsy played better teams based in their opponents win-loss record. Now I could be wrong and I will be the first to admit it, but I don't see Carter losing this game. Too much speed and very well coached.

South and Elizabethton are very evenly matched. South committed several big penalties in situations that helped Betsy around the red zone The clock will sometimes cause you to change your style of play. I think South and Betsy had common opponents other than one team. Betsy played Science Hill (8-2 record natural rival though much bigger) and South played Gate City, VA (6-4 record natural rival). Sonny Moore has Carter ranked very close to SS. With home field advantage I see South by 10.