Hampton dogs 2013

tootiedwc

Carpenter and harrison have been 2 of my favorite people. I think he'll do great. This may be a mediocre year for us. We lost a lot of offense from last year

I can agree with your statement. Its obvious that Carp was the brains behind the Ned/Carp combo. With that being said I'm sure Harrison has learned a lot from Carp. I really hated to see Carp go but you cant fault a man for trying to better himself. Wasn't as disgruntled when Ned left because we kept Carp but life goes on. Harrison will be fine he is a great guy and has the kids best interest at heart. The basketball community needs to rally behind him which I assume MOST of the will. A lot of armchair coaches out there.

I can agree with your statement. Its obvious that Carp was the brains behind the Ned/Carp combo. With that being said I'm sure Harrison has learned a lot from Carp. I really hated to see Carp go but you cant fault a man for trying to better himself. Wasn't as disgruntled when Ned left because we kept Carp but life goes on. Harrison will be fine he is a great guy and has the kids best interest at heart. The basketball community needs to rally behind him which I assume MOST of the will. A lot of armchair coaches out there.

I usually don't get disgruntled with a coach until they prove they're unfit to lead. The fans pay to see their teams play their butts off. Sometimes the other team is better and ya get beat but as long as the leadership and effort is there, you can't ask for more

Smith, Carp, Honeycutt, Dugger....The list is long of Hampton players that are now, have been or soon will be very successful coaches at other local programs....Now, I like Carp a lot .....a great coach...but the brains behind Smith? A lil far reach IMO...Hate he left the game, but a man changing to better his family is a hero I'm my book....Hope he's able to be involved in coaching again soon....AT HAMPTON :D

Smith, Carp, Honeycutt, Dugger....The list is long of Hampton players that are now, have been or soon will be very successful coaches at other local programs....Now, I like Carp a lot .....a great coach...but the brains behind Smith? A lil far reach IMO...Hate he left the game, but a man changing to better his family is a hero I'm my book....Hope he's able to be involved in coaching again soon....AT HAMPTON :D

I have watched Ned in Lander Land night after night granted he was and prob is still a good coach but he never treated the boys the same. Some kids worked their butts off for him all summer long and seemed like the ones that didnt come to practice or didnt care whether they played or not were the very ones that he would beg to play and did get promised playing time. They seemed to waltz right in and got more playing time than anybody. I know this to be true. Too many kids were at my house night after night. They knew with Carp if they worked hard in the off season and gave it their all then they were the ones that played. With Ned you could quit today and then start tomorrow. Most of the kids felt like that why bust my butt? Hope he has changed. 

Had a few messages about my last post...Wondering if I was saying I'd prefer Carp over Smith at HHS....The answer is, no...That's not what I meant... Was just saying, if Carp returned to coaching, I'd hope it would be with us and not against us

You would be very fortunate to have Carp or even Dugger at Hampton. Two great coaches.

Carp had the respect both of the kids and the fans too. 

I'm around alot of Cloudland kids and parents and I've heard nothing but negative things about Carp since he left. I can't say that Iagree though, I though he did an outstanding job and he WILL be missed. On the other hand, Smith is a fine coach also, I'd be happy with either one coaching my kids. I do think you had to be more dedicated to play for Carp. I just tell it like I've seen it. Harrison also had a different set of rules for different kids in Jr high. Winning or losing wasn't his problem, he just went out of the way to try and help a few of the borderline kids. As it turns out, it didn't help a thing, but he did try.

Mason has played for Harrison forever. He respects the hades out of him and being the only sr , that might carry some weight. Far as x's and o's I think Gary will be just fine. Now, on to my unbiased opinion about this conf. I'm thinking U.H. is the favorite with Hampton and the Creek right on their heels. We lost 4 starters and our head coach. Only have one sr. But lots of young talent. Hopefully we will grow into the team we can be by dist. turny time.