Humboldt Vikings @ Dresden Lions ((Let's Get it On!))

I actually agree with you yso but it seems so out of character for you to mention it on here. I have never seen a fan so loyal to a group of coaches. I commend you for that. Hope your son continues to work hard and he will be a successful productive citizen in life. It was a joy to watch him play with such passion. He will be missed.

Yes I'm devoted to this coaching staff because of what they have taught my son the last four years about football and life in general. Emotions probably got the best of me and really I shouldn't have questioned the play calling on coach T.

Thanks for the comments about my boy. He's never been the fastest, biggest or strongest but he will give 100% and I'm proud of him for that. This senior class has always been a good group. I know 5 of them are top 12 in their class. Also figured up and they are 39 and 11 the last four years. Quite an accomplishment!!!!

If the football team continues to work like the last few years the future is very bright for Dresden football!

Yes, he has a couple D-1 schools looking at him but can't remember schools! The power running just wore the defense down, & McLilly is getting stronger after each game & Watson and Brown aren't bad either!!

Humboldt played like Humboldt should've been playing all year. If you key on Mclilly the man child of a fullback can burn you. Or the qb can burn with his arm or feet. Next weeks game with UC should be great.

What, match the past humboldt teams against this year or The past two seasons at SGC. Any team in the 90's Humboldt!! Also, The past two teams of SGC! WOuld Beat this Humboldt team

you were the one doubting us the most but I can't judge you for that I'll leave it in Gods hands but just know We need more people like you to doubt us it makes us stronger

As I sit here this morning thinking about the season Dresden football had, I realize they accomplished more than some people thought they would. We took Westview to the wire (who is playing in the 3rd round of 3a), had our chances against a great UC team (who could win it all in 1a), and came of 1 point short against Huntingdon (who had man handled us the past two years), and obviously there is last night's game against Humboldt (who will give UC all they want and more), With all the questions about our team going into the season whether is was the offensive line, the qb, or how good our defense was going to be, Dresden played hard, never quit football. Thanks to the seniors for showing the young ones what hard work can accomplish. You seniors showed them you don't have to be the biggest or fastest team to compete. Life may seem like it is over for you seniors but in fact is just beginning. Go out into this world and keep making Dresden fans proud for we will always remember the memories you have given us over the last four years. Lastly we cannot forget all the hard work our coaches have put into building this great program. They are working just as hard as the players during the summer and then the long days during the season studying film and preparing a game plan. They also have families that they don't see very much during the season. I hope our fans never forget what our program was like before they arrived. We can only hope they see the bright future Dresden football has and that they will want to be apart of it. Again, THANK YOU SENIORS!!

"Great" post & Dresden program has become one of the best in West Tn!!

Wow! You guys have been busy. Just got back from delivery in texas. Left Saturday morning, so I did not get to comment on Friday's game. Been to almost all Humboldt games since I moved to Humboldt 10 years ago (Missed a few because I drive a truck). I have been critical of the turnovers and sloppy play. Some of you commented that Coach Reid will "open it up" and throw the ball more. The power I is the BEST option he has. He has three phenomenal players back there that can all score. Running it controls the clock and keeps the defense off the field. Humboldt can still throw from under center. Anybody that has watched Montague for the past several years knows that he best when rolling and throwing on the run. Then you can jump back to spread for a change of pace. There are several people that sit in the stands right above me that complain that the offense if "boring" when the team is eating the clock and making 1st downs. It is almost like they would rather be flashy and lose than have a smart game plan. I thought the coaching staff had a great plan Friday night. No team in the decade that I have been following Humboldt football has been successful unless they could line up and pound the other team when they needed to. This was true when adrian donald, shamari johnson, EJ epperson and keith wardlow were here. It was true when quan campbell, KJ montague and jason barker were here. It was true when ryeon wedley, david wilson and CC Moody were here. And it is true now. I could be wrong. It could be because I was on those JCM teams in the 70's that ran with power, but I think that you must dominate at the line to beat Dresden and Union City. GO VIKINGS!

I say 28-13 Humboldt!

You nailed the score!!!

As I sit here this morning thinking about the season Dresden football had, I realize they accomplished more than some people thought they would.  We took Westview to the wire (who is playing in the 3rd round of 3a), had our chances against a great UC team (who could win it all in 1a), and came of 1 point short against Huntingdon (who had man handled us the past two years), and obviously there is last night's game against Humboldt (who will give UC all they want and more),  With all the questions about our team going into the season whether is was the offensive line, the qb, or how good our defense was going to be, Dresden played hard, never quit football.  Thanks to the seniors for showing the young ones what hard work can accomplish.  You seniors showed them you don't have to be the biggest or fastest team to compete.  Life may seem like it is over for you seniors but in fact is just beginning.  Go out into this world and keep making Dresden fans proud for we will always remember the memories you have given us over the last four years.  Lastly we cannot forget all the hard work our coaches have put into building this great program.  They are working just as hard as the players during the summer and then the long days during the season studying film and preparing a game plan.  They also have families that they don't see very much during the season.  I hope our fans never forget what our program was like before they arrived.  We can only hope they see the bright future Dresden football has and that they will want to be apart of it.  Again, THANK YOU SENIORS!!

Classy

Very good post.

As I sit here this morning thinking about the season Dresden football had, I realize they accomplished more than some people thought they would. We took Westview to the wire (who is playing in the 3rd round of 3a), had our chances against a great UC team (who could win it all in 1a), and came of 1 point short against Huntingdon (who had man handled us the past two years), and obviously there is last night's game against Humboldt (who will give UC all they want and more), With all the questions about our team going into the season whether is was the offensive line, the qb, or how good our defense was going to be, Dresden played hard, never quit football. Thanks to the seniors for showing the young ones what hard work can accomplish. You seniors showed them you don't have to be the biggest or fastest team to compete. Life may seem like it is over for you seniors but in fact is just beginning. Go out into this world and keep making Dresden fans proud for we will always remember the memories you have given us over the last four years. Lastly we cannot forget all the hard work our coaches have put into building this great program. They are working just as hard as the players during the summer and then the long days during the season studying film and preparing a game plan. They also have families that they don't see very much during the season. I hope our fans never forget what our program was like before they arrived. We can only hope they see the bright future Dresden football has and that they will want to be apart of it. Again, THANK YOU SENIORS!!

Classy

Dresden has a darn football team! Not only do they have a good QB the next 3 years. He is the best QB Humboldt has played against all year and from what i seen a good group recievers as well! Good luck in the furture!

The future is bright for Dresden. This freshman class as 8th graders and next years freshmen have lost one game in two years. This year to Huntingdon is only loss. They are losing quite a bit and will be really young next year. Edited by ysoangry