Round 2: Oneida @ GCA

crow

Hold the Phones!!!! I was just told that Oneida declined to be on TV, what in the world! I wish someone from Scott Co. would confirm this, although I am certain its true.

It is probably one of the myvlt2 games on cable,Grace had that when they played GB they are media darlings in Ktown.If i am not mistaken BOTH did have to agree.

Pujo, I think your right you can only coach up so far you need the Jimmy's and joe's. GCA would need some good bus drivers.

Coaching helps a ton ,but without several good atheletes or a slew of hard working kids, you are not going to be a state contender. Very few rural schools have enough  hard working disaplined kids .  Its just the nature of the beast. Someone said a while back that Grace had 4 transfers sitting out this season ,waiting to become elligable. I sorta doubt Hancock is in that situation.  If you build it ,they will come.

A little off topic but I just got the count for the bowl games and the money raised for the young man from Kingston. Looks like the communities really came together and raised 4800 dollars for his medical expenses. Just amazing what can happen when we step aside and let God work. Thanks to the teams that participated this is what it's all about.

That's what i'm talking about! Much respect to GCA for this! I know how much the family appreciates it!

It is probably one of the myvlt2 games on cable,Grace had that when they played GB they are media darlings in Ktown.If i am not mistaken BOTH did have to agree.

Was the grace / GB game a regular season or playoff game? It was my understanding the reason both have to agree to the MyVLT2 games are because they are on a different day & time. I'm under the impression if the game remains the same date, time, & venue then it is at the discretion of the home team & approval of the TSSAA to broadcast. Visiting teams don't have to agree for local TV or radio coverage of any other game.

BTW, everyone I've talked to says they haven't heard anything about a TV offer. Maybe ole wesvlt on here could help us out with this one.

Don't get too bent on it, these guys are notorious for causing trouble. They've been doing it for years. It's why their paper is almost in bankruptcy. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, by the way.

Pay no mind to the slur. I can tell you that Roane Sports and Roane County News are two totally different affiliates/companies. Roane Sports is just a website that covers strictly sports for Roane Co.

And even after all that positive stuff we get this from Roane county sports Facebook......

https://www.facebook.com/Roanesportscom/posts/189722541213732:0

Pay no mind to the classless post. It doesn't surprise me knowing who's behind this. You're at liberty to not like any team but as a professional, there's no place to post junk like this. RoaneSports is wanting to become the leader in our county for sports. Here's the deal, until they learn the professional end, they've got alot to learn about running a sports page/blog. Coming from a lifetime Roane County person, I commend GCA about what you did for the kid from Kingston this past Saturday. You guys aren't my favorite school but there's no place for a company such as this to take shots at anybody.

Was the grace / GB game a regular season or playoff game? It was my understanding the reason both have to agree to the MyVLT2 games are because they are on a different day & time. I'm under the impression if the game remains the same date, time, & venue then it is at the discretion of the home team & approval of the TSSAA to broadcast. Visiting teams don't have to agree for local TV or radio coverage of any other game.

BTW, everyone I've talked to says they haven't heard anything about a TV offer. Maybe ole wesvlt on here could help us out with this one.

Mark Packer reported on Twitter that the TV game this week will be South Doyle @ Anderson County. That was this weekend, it could have changed, but I would think it's still solid.

Mark Packer reported on Twitter that the TV game this week will be South Doyle @ Anderson County. That was this weekend, it could have changed, but I would think it's still solid.

Yeah this whole "we were gonna do it but the other guy wouldn't" sounds like the rumor mill is working overtime to me.

Edited by crow

I don't know how all that stuff works, but it sounded the same way to me.

We will broadcast the game Friday on 92.3FM in West Knoxville, pre game is at 6:30. I know you guys will bring everybody that is physically able to make the trip. For those that have relatives that live out of the area, we will also stream the game Live on www.gcafootball.org , just click on the RamRadio link.

Pay no mind to the classless post. It doesn't surprise me knowing who's behind this. You're at liberty to not like any team but as a professional, there's no place to post junk like this. RoaneSports is wanting to become the leader in our county for sports. Here's the deal, until they learn the professional end, they've got alot to learn about running a sports page/blog. Coming from a lifetime Roane County person, I commend GCA about what you did for the kid from Kingston this past Saturday. You guys aren't my favorite school but there's no place for a company such as this to take shots at anybody.

Glad to know that you are not a part.