Sequoyah @ Hixson 4A Quad 2 round 2

ChiefStrong

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to look up Hixson on google maps, sorry I just didn't know. Looks like a lot of rural area to your north. Boston Branch Lake looks interesting, wish I could take off Friday and just drive around the area during the daylight hours, but to the Friday night game. Needless to say I haven't saw Hixson play, hope to see a good game this weekend. Any good places to eat nearby? Sequoyah as of late has been playing good ball passing, running and D. Congrats to both teams for advancing to round 2.........lets get it on. GO CHIEFS!

Had to look up Hixson on google maps, sorry I just didn't know. Looks like a lot of rural area to your north. Boston Branch Lake looks interesting, wish I could take off Friday and just drive around the area during the daylight hours, but to the Friday night game. Needless to say I haven't saw Hixson play, hope to see a good game this weekend. Any good places to eat nearby? Sequoyah as of late has been playing good ball passing, running and D. Congrats to both teams for advancing to round 2.........lets get it on. GO CHIEFS!

Good luck Chiefs!

So what I'm understanding is that Hixson loves the run, 4 yards and a cloud of dust, passes are few and far in between. 4-4 is the base defense. Finished as district champions. What I need to know is. How is the food at the stadium? What happened in the Brainerd game?

The food is pretty good from what I have had there. As for the Brainerd game turnovers and penalties killed Hixson that night. They had a 75yd touchdown called back right before the half that just seemed to suck the life out of Hixson. Against East Ridge last Friday they had 3 turnovers in scoring position. If Hixson dosnt turn the ball over this past Friday it's is not even close. Also to me I don't know if Hixson knows how to handle success. I mean this program before Coach Fitzgerald showed up, Hixson didn't have much success at all. This is new ground for Hixson. I know Coach Fitzgerald has been here before many times with his time at Rhea, but this is all new for Hixson. But you're right Hixson is a run first offense and only throw it when they need to. Hixson runs the ball and plays great defense. Edited by ChattanoogaFBFan

There is plenty of places to eat within a few miles of the school. You name it's probably close by. Now as far as local eats. Just up the road in Soddy is Steve's Landing on the Lake they have really nice setting but get there early on Friday. The food there is really good and usually gets crowded. Glen Gene deli is good and close by. They have a lot of variety. Rib and Loin BBQ is a great. Also traffic on Friday in Hixson is usually pretty bad. Edited by ChattanoogaFBFan

Thanks ChattanoogaFBFan for the info.  Not going to lie, I like playing one dimensional teams, but trust me when I say we will not forget the pass, learned that lesson against Polk County.  Curious if the turnover bug has been a issue all season or just showed up in the last few weeks?  Also, from what I've heard, Hixson's o-line is pretty good size (a good reason to pound it), do they do a good job blocking?