Knox. Fulton vs Sullivan South

Ktownfootball

Why is that throwing you under the bus other then you not liking the fact? I guess his point was its great to have a HS football team that can win state and beat everyone by 60 points but, the school is not getting the kids out with an education. this is a football forum but, they do call them STUDENT ATHLETES.

Before you condem a graduation rate, you might want to look at what determines one. It is not how many students walk across the stage in May. It is how many regular education diplomas you graduate with. Student's that have special needs, speek english as a second language, graduate with a special education diploma are classified as dropouts and count against your graduation rate. There are only some many special-ed and students with disabilities & handicaps that are able to graduate as a "normal" students. It doesn't mean they dropped out of school... It means that they passed their classes, earned their credits, and walked across the stage with a modified diploma because they have a disability. Build a school in the inner city and look at the demographics. Two years ago when Fulton's graduation rate was 86%... with 94% of their seniors walked across the stage.

You guys bringing this up is an ethical failure of character. Sure it's fair game... just very revealing how the past three pages are devoted to informing everyone that Fulton is still worth putting down. If Fulton was 9-2... would anyone be posting last year's graduation rate on this forum? I didn't think so either...

How do you explain the Silvey kid that went to Catholic from Loudon where he played 8th grade ball last year. I'll tell you. A free education and a place to live, courtesy of Catholic High School. Not crying facts are facts. Not against Catholic fans like QSouth89 and others, but Irishlife is giving y'all a bad rap with posts like that.

How do you explain the Lacey kid. He went to Powell all through middle school. I believe he is at Catholic. Imagine that.

True about requirements to stay eligible. But not only locally but national statistic prove athletes graduate at a significantly higher rate than the rest of the student population. This is true at Fulton, other local high schools, and nationally. But tomorrow night won't be jeopardy it will be a football game between two very good high school teams.

I know...it has been just a crappy long year with our sched.

I would much rather watch the F5 hammer on the Falcons.

You should know exactly what I mean with that schedule that Fulton has....

Blame your coach on that one. Hes the one that would rather drive to Kentucky for a win verses rolling the dice on a 20 minute ride. Next year when this class has moved on I'm sure the rivalry will continue when he feels like he has the better team again. Why else would you drop a series that brings in a good gate and that you have won convincingly. I've heard the whole AD argument too so don't bring it up. Just wait and see if it doesn't get renewed when the talent drops off a little.

How do you explain the Lacey kid. He went to Powell all through middle school. I believe he is at Catholic. Imagine that.

There are kids all over the area that attend high schools that differ from their "zoned" high schools. Maybe he wanted the opportunity to play all three sports and see significant playing time early? I'm sure if you look at your school you will find similar scenarios. What school do you represent and maybe we could name a few there....

Blame your coach on that one. Hes the one that would rather drive to Kentucky for a win verses rolling the dice on a 20 minute ride. Next year when this class has moved on I'm sure the rivalry will continue when he feels like he has the better team again. Why else would you drop a series that brings in a good gate and that you have won convincingly. I've heard the whole AD argument too so don't bring it up. Just wait and see if it doesn't get renewed when the talent drops off a little.

Meh, that's all he said/he said.

Prob more on our part, but spin it however you want.

Both schools made it about the grown ups and not the kids so it's over and done.

I just love the theory though that a team that was shut out (you got a cheapo score very late) last season by Alcoa would somehow have some kind of 120 point turnaround to put a running clock on us in 2013.

Pretty comical if you ax me.

But don't get me wrong. Fulton is a GREAT team.

Edited by AlcoasPaintedBridge