Jo Byrns @ Nashville Christian

Shep

NCS by 28

I hope you're right - but I don't expect a wide margin of victory.  Went to the JB/CA game and JB is just too well-coached and then you basically have another coach on the field in the Adkins kid we've been talking about as a Mr. Football nominee.  They have a well-balanced offense too.  They are like us in that one RB is not going to get 25-30 carries and they dare you to stop him.  Should be a good game.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as expected, we have a rematch!  I think it's safe to say that both teams felt like they left a little on the table a few weeks back (mainly because of the rain).  NCS is clearly the favorite but I think JB is going to give them a run for their money.  I know we'll get a full dose of Butili which will open things up for some other guys.  But once again, I just hope we can get a few stops.  A couple of turnovers would be huge too!

Of bigger concern for me is JB's offense against the NCS defense.  We've got to find a way to create some big plays.  JB only scored one offensive TD against NCS the last game.  The rain may have played into that some but not that much.  NCS has a really good defense!

I'm expecting a hard fought and well coached game from both teams Friday night. It will be good to maybe see the game plans that were intended for the original matchup but probably were washed away that night. I still believe the outcome will be the same. The balance of weapons and the confidence that NCS has shown all year is greater than on previous Eagle teams. Hopefully, none of that has been lost during the bye week. They have a lot of respect for JB and the bar that JB has set in the level of play that is required to make a run to a state final. Getting a playoff win over JB is the first step

This is going to be a great game! Go Eagles!!

Being a fan of a public school, the Union City Tornadoes., I will be pulling for JB in this game. In truth it doesn't really matter to me but if I have to pick a side it will be the Red Devils.

So Ambassador was right, Swo & UC really are afraid of having to travel to West Nashville to face the Eagles.

Edited by Vandy1991