Jo Byrns @ Nashville Christian

Shep

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, there won't be any excuses about the weather after this one.  I suspect JB will have a little more success through the air but I'm not sure that'll be enough.  For NCS I think we're going to see a lot of Bituli like we did in the first game.  I know you guys have been throwing it around lately but I think Brothers pounds the rock in this one.  Maybe the rain had something to do with it but I believe Bituli carried the ball more against us than any other team this season (25 times).

I keep going back and forth on how I think this one turns out.  In the first game JB was dominated in the first half.  In the second half we started to have a little more success but it wasn't enough.  I'm just wondering if JB's second half success was fool's gold or the real thing.  If I had to guess right now I'd say fool's gold.  We had a fumble recovery for a TD and recovered two onside kicks.  I doubt that happens again.  However, I think it shows the blueprint for JB to win this one.  We're not going to win it by just lining up head to head and seeing who is better; NCS wins that battle.  JB is going to have to create some turnovers, win the special teams battle, and hopefuly have a little more success on offense through the air.  It'll be tough but we have a few playmakers that just might get it done. T-minus 34 hours and some change...

I don't think the second half from the first game was fool's gold.  That fumble recovery for a TD was a huge momentum changer and just goes to show that a play or two can make the difference in a game.  I think you guys nailed it after the game last time - the pass that #50 got a paw on in the 4th saved us.  This game is going to be close unless one team really dominates the takeaways.  We have put the ball on the ground some this year.  Eliminating that this week will go a long way because I think you are right about seeing a lot of Bituli. I'd bet he gets the ball 20 times on the ground and 5 or so times through the air.

I don't think the second half from the first game was fool's gold.  That fumble recovery for a TD was a huge momentum changer and just goes to show that a play or two can make the difference in a game.  I think you guys nailed it after the game last time - the pass that #50 got a paw on in the 4th saved us.  This game is going to be close unless one team really dominates the takeaways.  We have put the ball on the ground some this year.  Eliminating that this week will go a long way because I think you are right about seeing a lot of Bituli. I'd bet he gets the ball 20 times on the ground and 5 or so times through the air.

Yeah I forgot about that play!  I hope you're right and we see a good game.  If JB can keep it close deep into the 4th, I like our chances.  We'll have to get off to a much better start though.

Yeah I forgot about that play!  I hope you're right and we see a good game.  If JB can keep it close deep into the 4th, I like our chances.  We'll have to get off to a much better start though.

Never told you how fun it was to be in the stands last Friday.  Makes a game a lot more enjoyable when your nerves aren't all frazzled because your boy/team is playing.  And to watch your guys on the field during and after the game gave me even more respect for your school.  

Never told you how fun it was to be in the stands last Friday.  Makes a game a lot more enjoyable when your nerves aren't all frazzled because your boy/team is playing.  And to watch your guys on the field during and after the game gave me even more respect for your school.  

That was a good one to watch that's for sure!  I don't know if I'd make it if I had a son playing, I barely make it as it is.  As for JB, it all starts at the top with Coach Adkins.  It's also a great school though.  I'd say it's about as close to a private school as you could get in terms of community and a family atmosphere.  Don't get me wrong, a lot of private schools are better but it's hard to beat the JB community.  There are a lot of good folks around here.  I'm sure the same could be said for many 1A schools.

FYI, I sent my oldest daughter to a private school (Christian Community School in White House) until we could get moved back to the JB school district.  I know how you feel when the public school you're zoned for isn't to your liking!  It's a tough situation and one I struggled with for a while.  I'm back in the JB school district now and I don't regret it one bit.  I really loved the private school and it was really tough to switch schools but it's hard for me to justify paying about $11,000 a year for two kids when JB is an option.

Never told you how fun it was to be in the stands last Friday. Makes a game a lot more enjoyable when your nerves aren't all frazzled because your boy/team is playing. And to watch your guys on the field during and after the game gave me even more respect for your school.

Where were you???

Where were you???

Sat with my wife and daughter (with another NCS family) kind of in front of the JB cheerleaders (at the top of the stands).  Then the end got so exciting that I went down to the fence near the field for the last 3-4 minutes.

We ate at Moss's before the game - had me some awesome buttermilk pie.

Edited by NCSdad1962

You may or may not call it being snubbed, but Kevin Adkins did not get a seat at the Mr. Football table. Hopefully this will serve as additional motivation for the entire team and Adkins will go....BEAST MODE!!!!

All named were very deserving ! I've spoken well of other young men on other teams to whom I thought was deserving in the past, this takes nothing away from the fierce competitor that we at JB know Kevin is, without tremendous efforts from his teammates then he wouldn't have the status that he has, I said it several weeks back, ( kid is tough as a keg of nails ) ! Hopefully he can have the biggest game of the year Friday night vs NC,,, but if not I can bet the bank that he and his teammates will play with ultimate efforts til the final horn blows !