Did Zellers at Lenoir City resign?

OutlawJoseyWales

I agree, especially with the population growth in that area.

That was in my mind when I made that comment....along with the fact that where they are, they don't have all the zoning (or rezoning) issues that has went on in Knox.....Scott Meadows has been mentioned in the Central thread, I would bet that he would be very interested in this job, if they were interested in him.

Nothing against anyone else who might apply, but there is a current assistant coach by the name of Jeff Cortez. He has been the DC at LC for the last 3 seasons. Came in as a Head Coach from California.   Look him up and you will see there is no need to go outside when there is someone that good already in your building who wants the job. The admin. at LC are first class and they are well aware of who they have in the building.  They will go through the proper procedures and will genuinely seek out the best candidate.  IMHO, Jeff will be just that and has been that at every position he has applied for in TN in the past.  Any man who interviews will be compared to him (intentionally or unintentionally) and most will not come close.  Those who do come close will not have the advantage of already being in the building, loved by the community, the current coaches, and the players that are there.  

Edited by toomuchtime

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Glad to see that LC hired Cortez as the Head Coach....it seemed as if that is who the players and the community wanted to have that job.  It is probably no coincidence that LC success started when he arrived, I think he will do a great job in continuing to build that program.  I have thought for several years with the growth of that area, that the LC job was a good job, good luck to Coach Cortez.

Edited by jake