District 3-AAA

SweetScience

Well. Oak Ridge's basketball season started after they got beat Friday night, so let's go ahead and get it started guys lol. How will this year shape up? Any surprise players or teams or newcomers to mention? How will the season shape up? Can Oak Ridge make a return to state? Will they be even better than last year? Look forward to hearing everyone's input.

Edited by SweetScience

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well. Oak Ridge's basketball season started after they got beat Friday night, so let's go ahead and get it started guys lol. How will this year shape up? Any surprise players or teams or newcomers to mention? How will the season shape up? Can Oak Ridge make a return to state? Will they be even better than last year? Look forward to hearing everyone's input.

I think the top four in order

1) Oak Ridge

2) Karns

3) Campbell County

4) Powell

The thing with your district is the upsets that occur at tourney time.

Oak ridge is at the top. Good talent with experience. Will have at least one newcomer that will make some noise.

Karns sibley plus a number of role players. Will they defend enough to be in the top 2.

Central number 3 not unless they have an influx of talent and then can Huggins develop it into a team. Rumor is they have two fresan that will start.

Campbell co. Football run will put them behind. Young energetic coach and talent is good.

Powell might be best coached team in district. Does a great job adapting style of play to talent.

AC don't know. But like Campbell football may put them behind.

Halls lost a bunch of talent. But Moore seems to always have a competitive team. Very under rated coach.

Clinton i feel will be a top 6 team. Well coached and has some talent.

Agree Gibbs will be at or near the bottom. Lost a bunch of seniors that played a lot of varsity for 4 years and don't think talent behind them is nearly as good. Unless they have some transfers and a great freshman class they will be last.

Oak Ridge #1 and Gibbs #9 Powell Karns Campbell Co will fight it out for 2,3,4. Then you will have Central Halls Clinton and AC for 5,6,7,8. Hall of Fame games start this week. Who plays when and where

Halls has Jeff Co at home tonight and GP on the road Thurs.

Finally a decent non-conference schedule. A home and home with GP and Sevier Co, @ Fulton Dec 16, Thanksgiving tournament at Farragut, and Xmas at Heritage. We did lose some keys players on both sides but I think the rest have worked hard and will make a season of it.

I like this district because it's always a battle for the top spots. Yes I agree it's OR to lose but they will have to come play every game.

Halls has Jeff Co at home tonight and GP on the road Thurs.

Finally a decent non-conference schedule. A home and home with GP and Sevier Co, @ Fulton Dec 16, Thanksgiving tournament at Farragut, and Xmas at Heritage. We did lose some keys players on both sides but I think the rest have worked hard and will make a season of it.

I like this district because it's always a battle for the top spots. Yes I agree it's OR to lose but they will have to come play every game.

Jeff Co has some big post players.

Oak ridge is at the top. Good talent with experience. Will have at least one newcomer that will make some noise.

Karns sibley plus a number of role players. Will they defend enough to be in the top 2.

Central number 3 not unless they have an influx of talent and then can Huggins develop it into a team. Rumor is they have two fresan that will start.

Campbell co. Football run will put them behind. Young energetic coach and talent is good.

Powell might be best coached team in district. Does a great job adapting style of play to talent.

AC don't know. But like Campbell football may put them behind.

Halls lost a bunch of talent. But Moore seems to always have a competitive team. Very under rated coach.

Clinton i feel will be a top 6 team. Well coached and has some talent.

Agree Gibbs will be at or near the bottom. Lost a bunch of seniors that played a lot of varsity for 4 years and don't think talent behind them is nearly as good. Unless they have some transfers and a great freshman class they will be last.

Oak Ridge #1 and Gibbs #9 Powell Karns Campbell Co will fight it out for 2,3,4. Then you will have Central Halls Clinton and AC for 5,6,7,8. Hall of Fame games start this week. Who plays when and where

1. Oak ridge. Best coached, best talent. I see this team being as good or better than last season. While the rest of the league has dropped off a bit. I see Merriam and Henderson as co players of the year. What a one two punch there. They always play tough out of district schedule to get ready for tourney. This is my overwhelming pick for first.

2. I'm gonna take Karns, just because of Sibley that's all. They lost a couple good seniors from last year and If Clapp and the tall reddish/ blonde head kid can step up, they can finish 2nd. If not, they could finish 5th. As of now with Sibley, their in for second.

3. CC/ Powell/ central. I know I know, but from here it gets pretty even in talent, with Ogan, Housley, Higgins as coaches that can make a difference. I've seen CC at a couple. Scrimmages and they are missing 6 players due to football, most notably Torres, and 6'5" Phillips. Heard they beat davey Crockett,and sequoya Saturday at William Blount. Housley is a good game schemer and could get them to 3 rd.

Powell lost some good players, but has some really nice freshman. I know Ogan doesn't like playing freshman but he may have to this year. If Middleton can play all year, they could make some noise. Don't know what's going on there. But Ogan is a great coach that does his thing, and he makes u adjust to him. But he lost his coach on the floor at point guard, and he'll have to find that guy, because everything Powell does runs thru a good point guard.

Central, Higgins seems to do a good job game planning, but has real trouble making in game adjustments. Heard they'll have two freshman starters, and a sophomore in starting line up. That's tough in our district. If they can stay together and finish plays they could surprise at 3rd.

6/7/8/9. Halls and Clinton should lead this pack, with either jumping up with the above group because of coaching. Glad to see halls playing tougher out of district schedule. I really think that's hurt them the Last three seasons. I've seen Clinton play this summer and u guys are going to be surprised at how well they shoot the ball. Bird an and Little will shoot it from anywhere. Little will be the key there, if he averages around 15-17, they also could jump up there in above groups.

AC and Gibbs will fight it out for this spot. Although, I saw some guys on Gibbs fball team that had nice bball bodies, and if they play, they might be decent. AC is just in really bad shape. Bingham and Hayes will be their go to guys, but there isn't much else there. They've won like 3 district games in 3 years, I hope it's better this year.