States best player ever ?

Playerscoach

playerscoach, I think you will admit that what has happened in Nashville with TSC is unique and certainly took a lot of time to get there.  they won every state championship in D1 this year.  they certainly dominate the state now and I suspect the current players travel a bit to get to Nashville for their teams. players on the north side of the city generally did not play for brentwood sc.  they played for TN united and Harpeth.  Please don't forget that your daughter is benefiting from that structure that many fought hard to create.  The leadership at TSC should be applauded for giving you and your family a great option. 

But look around, most cities aren't structured that way. Nashville used to look like Memphis - very unorganized and teams playing for the "county championship".  The clubs here used to scoff at D2 - now most of their teams are playing in that division.  Knoxville combined long ago and benefited from it as well. 

I'm curious, has TSC ever applied for the ECNL and would you change clubs if they did?  I'm rooting for them to get in the ECNL - I think it would be the best thing for the players in Tennessee that would benefit from playing under the structure.   it's not right for everyone - that's ok.  Most ECNL clubs also offer non-ECNL teams for the players that don't want to travel that much.  now that's the way it should be!

our experience with 2 years of ECNL was $10 in scholarship for every $1 spent.  I certainly didn't spend $10,000 a year and may not have spent that over the 2 year period.  we actually did region 3 and ECNL the first year.  I really believe that more than 5% of the team had a better experience than you mentioned.  Overall, I feel very fortunate for the experience and would encourage all to pursue it if they think it's best.

one final thought - it's not always about the money.  some teams struggle with player numbers and that is certainly not TSC's issue.  playing tournaments with 12 players is tough especially when some were out a little late the night before.  priorities are different so it's very important to be on a team with "like minded" players.  do they want to play in college or do they want to be the best high school player they can be.  neither one is wrong but friction will come if the numbers don't lean one way or another.  one set needs to travel - the other group does not.  I suspect your TSC team does not have either issue - players are coming to you because of the clubs/teams success and most if not all want to play after high school.  Again, be thankful - your club unique.

Good post. It is fairly unique but the former president of TNFC and TSC resigned and went to the NFC. In fact, several teams went including seven of the 19 players on my daughters team. While we lost good players we reloaded with the pool we had and added some new players who wanted to play for a National Premier League team.

It seems clubs are consolidating in every city (Chattanooga, Memphis, Knoxville and Nashville). The new supersized clubs are great for a very small percentage of players in my opinion.

TSC has applied the last two years and failed to get into the ECNL. The new club president, Stuart Brown is very well respected and has a history of working with the ECNL at his for club CASL. I believe one of his main goals is to get ECNL in TN for all the kids. He has been outspoken about the political process that has created an uphill battle for any TN club.

Since we were discussing the money factor I'd like to mention we were asked to attend the Vandy ID camp this weekend. There were 70 kids there from all over the USA. Several were from CA and NJ. They were mostly from ECNL clubs but still felt like they needed to attend ID camps at specific schools of interest. I found that odd and disappointing considering how much we are told the ECNL

is the most fantastic thing ever for player recognition. Those family's spent approximately $1,500 each.

Maybe someday the ECNL will come to TN but I doubt it will happen any time soon.

Lastly, Booger we see you. We get it. Conversations should stay on the initial topic and never stray. Thank you for your contribution to this thread.

well....CHANGE is one thing for certain in youth soccer!!  I was not aware of that shift - I am sure it will all work out. 

Best of luck to your daughter and all the other players.  It's a lot of work on their part and I hope they enjoy the recruiting process.  it can be a lot of fun!

Booger - last post on this from me as well.....

• 2 weeks later...

Good post. It is fairly unique but the former president of TNFC and TSC resigned and went to the NFC. In fact, several teams went including seven of the 19 players on my daughters team. While we lost good players we reloaded with the pool we had and added some new players who wanted to play for a National Premier League team.

It seems clubs are consolidating in every city (Chattanooga, Memphis, Knoxville and Nashville). The new supersized clubs are great for a very small percentage of players in my opinion.

TSC has applied the last two years and failed to get into the ECNL. The new club president, Stuart Brown is very well respected and has a history of working with the ECNL at his for club CASL. I believe one of his main goals is to get ECNL in TN for all the kids. He has been outspoken about the political process that has created an uphill battle for any TN club.

Since we were discussing the money factor I'd like to mention we were asked to attend the Vandy ID camp this weekend. There were 70 kids there from all over the USA. Several were from CA and NJ. They were mostly from ECNL clubs but still felt like they needed to attend ID camps at specific schools of interest. I found that odd and disappointing considering how much we are told the ECNL

is the most fantastic thing ever for player recognition. Those family's spent approximately $1,500 each.

Maybe someday the ECNL will come to TN but I doubt it will happen any time soon.

Lastly, Booger we see you. We get it. Conversations should stay on the initial topic and never stray. Thank you for your contribution to this thread.

It didn't stray; it left it. :ugeek: ...great thread though.

• 7 months later...

then your hanging out with the wrong parents......and thanks.......had to get your mind off that middle TN banner waving for just a second.....and congratulations on her Duke choice, awesome school......... would have thought she would have ended up on a stronger soccer program....she should do well there smajlic%20nogometas.gif

then your hanging out with the wrong parents......and thanks.......had to get your mind off that middle TN banner waving for just a second.....and congratulations on her Duke choice, awesome school......... would have thought she would have ended up on a stronger soccer program....she should do well there smajlic%20nogometas.gif

Lol. You just can't help yourself Booger! The parents I'm around are very normal and good folks. Cheering little Suzie on and thinking she's good is pretty normal and not unhealthy the majority of times. Heck, I've read many comments on here about a certain teams defense/back line and how incredible they were just like I've posted about a teams 80+ goals and the 8th grader who led them with 25. I think she's pretty dad gum good but I'm supposed to. LolðŸ‘😜

As far as the mid TN banner waving that's just your sensitive side shining through. Mid TN is what I'm most familiar with but as I've stated multiple times I believe there are great players in all areas of TN.

I know this is a ND soccer board but I've tried to bring a little insight Inre Mid TN.

• 2 weeks later...